Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if I ever start a CSM army, it will be death guard. So, before anything is bought, I decided to run a list by you folks, because you would know best.

HQ:

Typhus - 230
__5 Termi retinue: 5 Combi-meltas, Heavy Flamer, 2 Chainfist, 3 PWs - 284

Troops:

Plague Marines - 201
__6x Marines: 2 PP, Frag Grenades, Infiltrate
__Asp. Champ: PP, PW

Plague Marines - 201

Plague Marines - 201

Heavy Support:

Havocs - 170
__5x Marines: 4 MG, Infiltrate

Havocs - 170

Total: 1487

·
Registered
357 Posts
If I see another infiltrating plasma DG army I'm going to hang myself >_<

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54576
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53389
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46581

OMG they're all the same! This is what puts me off starting a DG army :( OK rant over :D

Anyway, to be more constructive, AC should take fists not power weapons imo. Personally I don't like special characters I prefer to have my own, but thats just me. If you're going to go with infiltrating plasma then I would suggest dropping the termie squad in favour of more troops or maybe a pred (I love preds :)); as the only 2+ save model in an all infantry army they're gonna have a massive target on them from every AP 2 weapon in the opponent's army

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Welcome to the sludge side. You're off to a good start, what, with having a D.G. army composed entirely of troops and havoc squads. That seems to be the best configuration.
Huitzilopochtl said:
HQ:

Typhus - 230
__5 Termi retinue: 5 Combi-meltas, Heavy Flamer, 2 Chainfist, 3 PWs - 284
This special character (like most special characters in chaos) simply are not worth their points. Over a third of your points are sunk into these 6 models, and I'll tell you right now, your opponent should not have that difficult a time taking down all 6 of them. I would advise taking a fairly cheap h.q. and then reinvesting your points into more troop options. Of course, this may sound a bit boring (and it is), but I've played D.G. for a while, and this boring build seems to win most of the time. So with this in mind, here's a very good (albeit very standard) D.G. h.q.:

chaos lord (or chaos lt)- 140
MoN (mark of nurgle)
manreaper
daemonic strength
infiltrate
daemonic speed

This h.q. will almost always give you a first turn charge into c.c. I prefer the lord configuration over the lt, because he solos into c.c.

Huitzilopochtl said:
Troops:

Plague Marines - 201
Plasma pistol: Drop it in favor of the plasma gun. The gun will serve you better against bugs, because you will be able to sit back and shoot at a greater distance. Also, the gun's rapid fire will allow you to fire through virtually everything except for medium to heavily armed vehicles.

A.c. (asp. champ): Drop the pp as well. You don't want to lose your best c.c. model in the squad to overheating.
Drop the power weapon in favor of a power fist. Remember, D.G. is not especially good in c.c.. The fist makes them good. Also, you don't want the squad running into a dread or monstrous creature, and having no way of dealing damage.

Huitzilopochtl said:
Heavy Support:

Havocs - 170
Most D.G. players run their havoc squads in the same sort of general configuration as their troop slots, but with 2 additional special weapons.
1- You don't need 4 melta guns. This is overkill. Consider changing them to plasma guns, in which case you should change your troop plasma guns to melta guns. Having 2 melta guns is sufficient, Having 4 plasma guns is equally good (not overkill), because this weapon is effective against troops as well (rapid fire).

2- Five in a squad w/ 4 special weapons is fragile. You only have one casualty before you start losing your special weapons. For this reason it's good to maintain the sacred number (7). Keep them infiltrating, and give your a.c. a power fist as well. Typically, I use my havoc squads just like my troop squads: Infiltrate...move....fire....assault.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you are fielding a DG army (which you are), and in 1500pts, which you are, then please, please, please drop your typhus! You can get a lord with nearly the same stats, maybe even better, for just around 150pts!

In a 1500pt Death Guard army, its all about the Plague marines! I say drop your retinue (too much pts), and add i more PM. Your newly added lord can even join one of the PM squads if you choose!

HPA

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright, a revised list (10:34pm Jan 16):

HQ:

Lord - 161
__Infiltrate, DStrength, DSpeed, DAura,Manreaper, BP, Spiky Bits

Great Unclean One - 150

Elites:

Possessed Marines - 135
__5x Marines

Troops:

Plague Marines - 217
__6x Marines: MG, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Infiltrate
__Asp. Champ: BP, PF, DStrength, Chains

Plague Marines - 217

Plague Marines - 217

Heavy Support:

Havocs - 234
__6x Marines: 4 PG, Infiltrate
__Asp. Champ: BP, PF, DStrength

Dreadnaught - 180
__DCCW, PC, Plague Carrier

Total: 1496

Edit: Does anyone else think that the Butcher of Khardov from Privateer Press will be a good basis for my lord? If you do not know what he looks like, google his name. He is on a 40mm base, and has a 2-handed axe and pistol and is heavily armored. The 40mm base will give me a good basis for if I ever want to count him in Termi Armor. Opinions?

·
438 Posts
untitledmike said:
You cannot mastercraft the manreaper, it is a daemon weapon.
This is correct, you cannot mastercraft daemon weapons.
What you can do is replace that with Spikey Bits, for cheaper points, and it works with any CC attacks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, I changed it.

Does anyone use Coca-Cola to strip paint? I know it is used to clean blood from murder siyes and people use it as toilet bowl cleaner, but has anyone tried it on a model? I wanna know because that Butcher of Khardov is painted and sealed and I don't feel like scraping the paint off him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts