Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is my idea for a HQ in a 2000pt. game.

Lt. - 120
Manreaper
Terminator Armour
Mark of Nurgle
Dem. Str.
Nurgles Rot

Retinue - 286
Chosen Terminator Champ w/ PF, Mark of Nurgle
5 x Chosen Termies w/ 2xPowerFists, 3xLightningClaws, 2xCombi-Melta

All together its a 7 model crew for 406 points.

My idea would be Deepstrike behind a vehicle and possibly take it out. If i place them strategically enough behind a tank it will act as blocker.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Personally I wouldn't want such a hard unit to deepstrike and possible destroy itself. Either get a fast lord/possessed with daemonic flight and a teleport homer, and jump him around until the arrive, or you could simply put them in a Rhino....

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
They're termies...they'd need a raider. Maybe just get a reliable unit a teleport homer and try it that way.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I'm not to great a fan of the terminator Combi-melta, since it's a one-shot-only kind of weapon. I prefer the reaper for firesupport and the chainfist is my best friend when I go tankhunting. I see no reason to chose the Powerfist when the chain-version is so "little more" (?) expensive.
If you give them tankhunters that Reaper becomes a nightmare.

I would also use a teleporter homer to get them in a safe position. It seems many Deathguard armies have infiltrating units, so why not give them some homers?

EDIT: The combimelta also do not benefit from rerolls (when used as a bolter), which makes it a little less deadly and you'd have to roll these dices separaterly.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Akaline said:
This isnt really a Tank Hunters Squad. I want this squad to take out there CC and troops.
Then why bother with the Combi-meltas in the first place then? Too expensive for what they provide to you. Just stick to the common Combi-bolters and leave it at that.

As Andusciassus said, upgrade the Powerfists to Chainfists. There is little reason to not, consider the difference in prices. You'll thank us when that unit comes up against a Dread, or needs to assault a Landraider.

It also looks like you're paying for that Champion upgrade - can I ask why? Because you have the favoured number in the unit, you recieve the Champion upgrade for free - but I see no special gifts or equipment on him that makes him worth paying for?

·
Registered
49 Posts
im not paying for the A. Champ i just think the extra attack on him is worth the free upgrade especially with a PF or ChainFist...

what equip do you recomend for him.

and does true grit work with combi bolters?

and while im at it.

do you think it would be a good idea just to upgrade my Terminator Champ to a Sorcerer for 5points then that would give him an extra wound and id equip him with gift of chaos...

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Akaline said:
what equip do you recomend for him.
Chainfist and combi-bolter. If you want close combat power over ranged, then an extra CCW instead of the combi-bolter.

Akaline said:
and does true grit work with combi bolters?
No. A combi-bolter is not a Bolter.

Akaline said:
do you think it would be a good idea just to upgrade my Terminator Champ to a Sorcerer for 5points then that would give him an extra wound and id equip him with gift of chaos...
Sorcerer upgrade doesn't give the model an extra wound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts