Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ph34r: Anyone got any ideas for taking Iron Warriors using Dark Angels??? My mate has just an IW army. I have a good mix of tactical and assault squads, along with Deathwing and Raven wing elements...I'm thinking about a mass flank attack combined with teleporting DW in at the same time...Whaddya'll think...

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
shoot and charge stay mobile and use terrain to your advantage oh and make tnks go boom

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Hmm, ok
IW- basically a shooty army
DA - basically a shooty army only less so (assuming we are not talking an entire deathwing force)

So on the face of it playing standard sorts of army lists and tactics you will both stand back and shoot- result for IW.

Now specifically you have 2 ways of going -

1. slant your DA to be more shooty than normal and take him on at its own game (hard)
2. go for an assult army and try and close him down into assult very quickly (also hard)

basic premises (leaning towards assult)
He is gonna have a lot of las cannon so do avoid getting high points things that he can shoot with them, this rules out Deathwing/termies, land raiders, probably dreadnaughts and potentially even rhinos (you dont mention what versions of the vehicles rules you are using, if 4th ed I would not bother with rhinos at all)

Goodies:
Whilwinds: not entirely devastating but they can barage from a possition where he cant shoot you and can cause pinning
Scout snipers: lethal against any demons he may field, that pinning may also be usefull
Scouts: damn cheap assult troops, their capacity to infultrate means they tend to get into the enemy fast, they have 2 weapons and are comparably cheap
Land speeders/attack bikes: OK these could be on the other list too, they will det bopped very easily, on the other hand one multiu melta shot against a defiler and they have paid for themselves 4 times over, take them at your peril, they are more risky than the other stuff
Plasma Cannon: OH plasma cannon, if you want to out shoot him, take plasma cannon, besides from blowing up once in a while that template at that strength, ignoring the expensive armour? use these to drop his marines or demons, not vehicles, one shot will take out 3-4 CSMs which tends to require a moral check.
Bikes/jump packs: another risky one as per land speeders, they can pay their way, but they are expensive and he is likely to damage them at the first oppotunity (and IW will generate their own opportunities), on the other hand you may be lacking something in terms of close combat power unless you have the finacial capacity to make a scout 'mob' type army

Hope that helps

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
actually the glancing hits only and 6+ save for speeders makes them a good choice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.