Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For instant death if my weapon has 8str ap3 and my opponent has a T4 SV2 does instants death still ally and does it mean he has no armor save.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Because the weapon is AP 3, you'll still get your 2+ save.
However, if you fail that save, you will lose all wounds and suffer Instant Death.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Carrot's totally right.

Lots of people see Instant Death and automatically bundle armour saves in with it in some way or another. For the most part, this is true, since most weapons that powerful have a very high AP value. Like a Meltagun - S8, AP1. But then there's the Krak Missile - S8, AP3. Still blows away most armour, but it's just not enough to take out a Termie or similar.

You've got to think about them separately. Yes, the shot may be strong enough to reduce a trooper to smouldering ashes, but it's still got to get past his armour in order to hurt him at all!

The only exception that I know of is "Destroyer" weapons in Apocalypse, but they're in a totally different class from any other gun in the game. (that being the "you, your armour, and 30 feet of reinforced concrete you were hiding behind are just plain GONE" class)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.