Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
You can shoot the DeathScreamer at range (i.e. D6 ranged attacks) and then charge into close combat (i.e. D6 additional close combat attacks) all in the same round.

I think this is what you're asking, right?

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
and rolling a "1" for either is not good, I've done it in one round before.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Well, both the Deathscreamer & Bloodfeeder suffer from higher chances of rolling ones, so neither are good choices for competitive play, where consistency far outweighs "chance-powers."

You might give the Plaguebringer a whirl. Having "poison" means it wounds T4 models on a 3+ and T5 and greater on a 4+. That's why it's generally regarded as the best all-around Daemon Weapon in our codex.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
That's a handsome conversion you've got there, and an interesting take on dividing the Daemon Weapon's mechanics into two separate bits. Just be sure your opponents know he's not some illegal Grey Knight toting an assault cannon in a chaos build. Now that's just plain ironic.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just be sure your opponents know he's not some illegal Grey Knight toting an assault cannon in a chaos build. Now that's just plain ironic.
that is so funny :p.......as i m currently building a iron warriors list i m going to use icon but represent them as wargear, so game wise they will be Marks but fluff wise they are pices of equipment. it was a rather easy conversion, just cut a psycannons barrel of add a assault cannon and a chaos lord cape and your good to go :p

BTW: i will post a pic of him painted :D

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Well, both the Deathscreamer & Bloodfeeder suffer from higher chances of rolling ones, so neither are good choices for competitive play, where consistency far outweighs "chance-powers."
Rolling 1's with the Deathscreamer is not so bad since it comes with the Mark of Tzzentch. It's a good choice for a competitive Lord as he doesn't need to be in close combat (where the powerfists lurk) to get things done. The Lash Prince is a really hard act to follow, anyway.

Reactions: Rabbit

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Eh, he's still just ok in my book, as on average, you're only killing 1.5 Marines at range each turn. I mean, at 145 points minimum, he's not exactly cost-effective to use solely as a ranged unit.

EDIT: Then again, he's an excellent fit with a raptor squad that totes dual plasma guns. With wings, his range is extended to a very formidable 36." What's more, unlike the Bloodfeeder, which rolls two dice, the DeathScreamer will for the most part only be rolling a single dice each round; that is, either the ranged d6 or close combat d6 (Only during the rounds when the Lord charges is there an actual increased chance of rolling ones, since he should be shooting and engaging in melee).

Another bonus to the Deathscreamer is it's ability to be used every round of the game, unlike the other daemon weapons, which probably won't see play until round three.

Alright, Intrepid. He's really not bad at all. I could see him finding his place in a competitive environment :soldier:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
HeHe Ther you have my conclusion to rabbit, (just forgot it when i read all the other replies). I have found the Bloodfeeder to be to unreliabal to be used in any competetive game, yes i have tried it. He killed him self more times than he did his opponent. The good thing about the deathscreamer is like you said Rabbit, that it has more tactical advatages, you dont need to use jump pack on him, even thou it would greatly benefit him.

P.S: I got another question. Why does every bodey consider reaper-autocannon on termies as a waste of points?
It is clearly a good transport killer. Blow up 1 rhino and it have already earned its points worth.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Why does every bodey consider reaper-autocannon on termies as a waste of points?
It is clearly a good transport killer. Blow up 1 rhino and it have already earned its points worth.
This came up in a thread on footslogging Terminators a couple weeks ago. Most people seem to use Terminators as precision deepstrikers, which means the Reaper won't be on the table and out of combat long enough to do much of anything. Also, most people who want heavy weapons on Terminators skip the Reaper and go straight to Obliterators.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Obliterators are pricey and generally not that effective at range, but get in close and their multi-melta's and plasma guns spell death for vehicles and infantry, respectively. Plus they do a grand job of scaring the crap out of your opponent and absorbing firepower as your troops choices close in on the objectives. Terminators I find are generally better with the Karmoon special (5 man squad w/ 5 combi-plasma's) or if they are tooled out for close combat.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Not to be that guy, but isn't the Karmoon Special:
4 Termies, 3 with combiplasma and 1 with Heavy Flamer and P-Fist. This unit only cost 160 pts, which makes it very cheap for it's hard hitting abilities. And 160 pts isn't too expensive to throw away in a daring deepstrike or to deepstrike behind enemy lines and possibly be blown away straight away.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
That's true. There's a lot of builds floating around.
The thing with the build I just presented is that it's good at anything. The heavy flamer flushes cover and roasts hordes. The plasma deal with back armour or really tough opponents and the fist insta-gibbs characters or punches holes in stationary back armour. Also, they are armoured enough to wither the firestorm after their initial DS and can engage in CC soon after their deployment. There they use their staying power to tie up anything with with guns, like Devastators, Heavy Weapons teams etc.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Not to be that guy, but isn't the Karmoon Special:
4 Termies, 3 with combiplasma and 1 with Heavy Flamer and P-Fist. This unit only cost 160 pts, which makes it very cheap for it's hard hitting abilities. And 160 pts isn't too expensive to throw away in a daring deepstrike or to deepstrike behind enemy lines and possibly be blown away straight away.
Not to be *that* guy either, but this Karmoon Special totals up to be 150 (not 160 :p ).

As others mentioned, there's a few K. Specials variant out there; however the one Wayne's listed is the traditional configuration (and my preferred way of running them).

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
D'Oh!
Well, the besserwisser got besserwissered.
Thanks for the update rabbit. Glad to be back on the forum.

Translation: A besserwisser is a Know It all (so I just got Know It All'ed).

Reactions: Rabbit
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.