Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few people know, I'm planning on putting the boys in black in my 'mixed forces' army of marines, I also think having them show up would be a nice addition in apocalypse armies featuring sisters and GKTs.

Now, that having been said, I'm looking for advice on how to model the DW Commander. Since bits are going out the window apparently, these scant DW Shoulder guards I have are absolute gold and I don't want to waste them.

My request is for the following, a commander build that....

1.) Looks neat.
2.) Is fluffy (I want him either using a bolter or at least /looking/ Deathwatch from his weapon loadout. Yes, I know its vague...).
3.) Is Effective.

In that order.

I'm not looking for 'efficient' commanders who are like everyone else's efficient commanders. I want someone unique, someone who'll stand out. I was even considering hunting down a thunderhammer or something as goofy as that is. Given that I'm (mildly) converting the other members of the team, I feel he deserves his own personal look.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
It is your choice on how he looks. We can't do this for you but give suggestions.
Also if this is what you want us to do then I suggest you give us some background for the fluff on him that you want so we can build him how we think it should with that fluff.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Best way forwards in my opinion.

DW Head (healmet version)
DW shoulder pad
Blank marine shouldr pad
Plastic marine commander chest plate
Plastic marine commander Cloak and Back pack
DW Bolter

and the other arm your choice of weapon, either a lightning claw or Power weapon would look good!

·
426 Posts
I actually just made a fun Vet. Marine conversion. I clipped the arm off slightly under the shoulder pad and added a Tau Burst Cannon (the one that looks like a gatling cannon). The other hand is holding this machine-gun hand and there's a big nasty axe on his back (from a SPAWN action figure)

I figure add a trophy onto his other shoulder pad and give him a unique helmet, and that would make people REALLY stop to check out your crazy captain!

Note that this conversion came about mainly because of a lack of arms, not anything really specific. But I love the way it turned out!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Are you planning on using the chapter approved rules for deathwatch or what?
If you are maybe make him a librarian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.