Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advice if this is a good list for DW. I know DW struggle at low points, for obvious reasons but just need some suggestions :)

HQ- Belail -- 130pnts
TLC or TH/SS? (Help with this please I was thinking TH/SS but others say TLC?)

Troops- 2 x 5 DW Termies Both with, 2 x SB/PW, 1 x SB/PW (with TML), 2 x TH/SS. --- 470pnts

Any help would be appreciated :D

·
554 Posts
Next time put this in the Army list section :D

As for the list. Thats about all you can do to be honest so very good. I would consider however droing one CML for a HF, and add a chain fists if you think you might need to assault armor. As for Belail, TLC. I dont like wasting I5 attacks, you want him striking first!

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Yeah i agree change both powerfists to chainfists and place a ciclone in there.Though you aint going to win in lower than 1500 pts with deathwing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply guys :)

I'll Drop one of the tml's off like you said and add a HF to my 2nd squad , and 2 CF's.. I know for a fact that I will be fighting against, Orks and I believe he will be bringing a few vehicles so the CF's might help a lot there ;)

And Pilot00, I'm not sure about not winning at all below 1500, I know your a veteran and all, so your probably very good,But I will say that I have seen other Deathwing armies win before at low points. Although I do realize that I will be on a major disadvantage due to low model count. But I'm playing friendly games with new-er people so we won't know many tactics or anything and hopefully I can surprise them with 11 2+/5+ models ;)

I couldn't find where to post this so I just went space marine section so thanks for telling me about the Army list section too :)

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
I know your a veteran and all, so your probably very good.
Quite the contrary my friend.I mostly field fun lists and what strikes to me,aside from 'list hammering'.Not to say that i have not my competitive moments,but a very good player i am loath to call myself.

However one does not need to be a veteran to say that deathwing is not a great option below 1500.I havent done it to be sure.I mostly play at 1500 or 1500+with ravenwing support on both lists,and dont let me start on my new Hilarius greenwing lists...

BUT especially against an ork mob you will simply be drowned in bodies,at ratio of 3-4 to one nontheless.

I eagerly await you to prove us wrong though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is my suggestion, the SB are a good thing at range but i say get at least a few TLC in there, Having a mob of boys and only 2 attacks each (yes at s8 ) isn't great and you'll miss 50% of them, adding TLC means 3 assaults and reroll wounds, when i fight against orks i like to have a squad with 1 sarg with TLC, 3 TLC DW, and 1 DW with banner, belial added = 31 assaults on the charge, 4 assaults each all the time, and belial has 5 all the time.

Then at higher points i go for this badass super squad (expensive but in a land raider lethal)
5 x DW, Sarg w/ TLC, 4 DW with TLC (1 with banner, 1 with CML/AC, 1 apothecary, 1 standard)
1 x Belial w/ TLC
1 x Azrael

Azrael with the banner and FNP = win. 6 assaults always at S6, 7 on the charge = 38 on charge, 31 assaults when charged, all with 4++ saves and FNP and wound allocation spam everywhere.
I've only used it in friendly games but it is unbelievably good as a linebreaker. nothing has stopped it yet.

·
554 Posts
I dont know if the guy that fields belial, 2 term squads, and a land raider in 1000pt games should be talking but....

I think what needs to be cleared up is that "PURE" deathwing is not good at point levels <1500. However Belial and 2 Deathwing squads is usually always the foundation of any list that I use. But honestly.....with Tactical Squads with special weapon/heavy/power weapon or powerfist/transport being the price they are and the only other viable troop choice, I feel better taking my chances with Terminators.

Then at higher points i go for this badass super squad (expensive but in a land raider lethal)
5 x DW, Sarg w/ TLC, 4 DW with TLC (1 with banner, 1 with CML/AC, 1 apothecary, 1 standard)
1 x Belial w/ TLC
1 x Azrael
Dont get me wrong I Love out GM Azrael. However, I personally like throwing a Chaplain in with the Terminators rather than Azrael. On the Charge you will still have 37 attacks, Re-roll to hit, and Re-roll to wound. In regular combat still have 30. I am ok paying less points for the chaplain and having a 5+ invul cause there is not much that can survive an assault like that. If I use Azrael I throw him in a Veterans Squad, I just like the idea of our GM having power armored marines in his company(that a personal thing for me only)

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
Az is great,his cost is not.If you plan on including him deck him out either with a command squad in a razorback(just remember you dont get a company champ in there)or the overpriced veterans in a LR.But that will constitute a vast chunk of your army either way.

Kendo has it right on the chaplains.

As awesome as our leader is he suffers from high cost.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies :) I was gone a while so unable to respond :p

I will definatly add more tlc's I was thinking maybe:

HQ - Belail (with squad 1)

Troops 5x Termies 4xtlc + 1 CF/Heavyflamer --- Squad 1
5x Termies 4x PW/SB + CF/SB with TML --- Squad 2
Total = 595

Plan Keep all units back (we're most likely playing elimination), Let squad 2 keep firing all weapons on larger ork squads and firing tlm at tanks etc. When they get closer squad 1 advances to finish off weakened/smaller units :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.