Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im debating making a necron list, but i want to be a little different. Im thinking about using some of the models from the privateer press warmachine cryx series for my army. My question is, do you think it is a good idea and will anyone even let me play with it?
----------
for example

Bane Thralls Unit | Privateer Press <--- As Wraiths?

Iron Lich Asphyxious | Privateer Press <--- As a Lord?

Scrap Thralls | Privateer Press <--- Flayed Ones? Immortals?

Bane Knights Unit | Privateer Press <--- Pariahs?

·
Registered
455 Posts
i think its an awesome idea. i should do it ><

you wont be able to play it in a gw store or at any tourneys, obviously, but it will look great.

·
Registered
821 Posts
For friendly games it would look awesome
But as stated above, the GW gods will frown upon you bringing those out in their stores or tourneys.
Hell, I've had GW employees frown with me using bits from reaper/PP minis as mods to their mini's, but I won the argument by pointing out that I still spent the money on their mini too. :p

·
1,880 Posts
I agree they are nice models, and yes in friendly games they'd be fine. But any GW event, many club events, etc they wouldn't allow you to 'officially' field those. Many GW events accept conversions and such but expect to see a % of the model is from the original. None of those models seem shooty either. So as Immortals, Pariahs, etc you might need to find a way to model some type of shooty weapon. The lord though alone is insane! :)

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
My feeling has always been, as long as it's clear what they count as, bring it on!

But yeah, official tournaments might be a problem, especially at Games Day or some other GW-sanctioned event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.