Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an idea for a tank i'm planning to build. It is based on an entierly new chassis, and used as an assault-tank. I haven't figured a name out for it yet. NOr have i any idea of what the points-cost might add up to. Anyway, here's the deal:

Armour F11 S10 R10

weapons: spikes (see special rules below)

Options: The tank may be fitted with smoke launchers at a cost of 15 pts.

Special rules: Rocket Boosters: the tank may ONCE during the game move 18"

Spikes: The tank's most lethal weapons are the spikes fitted all over its hull. The weapon is used by tank shocking an enemy squad. Unless any of the members in the squad is fearless, ALL the members of the squad must chose the death or glory alternative.

Any models that deals a penetrating hit to the tank in hth combat, will be wounded itself on a d6roll of 4+ (it is hit by one of those sharp spikes)

Sounds good?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tank shock vehicle

Sounds ok, as long as you use the WYSIWYG rule. It will have to be a light tank or have really big rockets to move it 18". Sounds kinda like an Ork vehicle.
"Every day above ground is a good day"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm yeah but that autocannon-deal would boost the points-cost a LOT! my idea is to use it as a counter-attack vehicle to support my ogryns' chimera. i think they'd make quite a team, pewrhaps along with a hellhound!

·
Registered
377 Posts

weapons: spikes (see special rules below)
As said above, you might want to add some ranged weaponry. I recommend shoving a storm bolter or two on.

Options: The tank may be fitted with smoke launchers at a cost of 15 pts.
Check the price in the codex and adjust accordingly, unless there are some special rules you've missed off.

Special rules: Rocket Boosters: the tank may ONCE during the game move 18"
Do you think anybody is going to take a purely close-combat vehicle that can normally only move 12"? Make it Fast so it can move 24" and change these rules to be similar to those of Orky turbo boostas. That is to say, an extra D6" once per game.

Spikes: The tank's most lethal weapons are the spikes fitted all over its hull. The weapon is used by tank shocking an enemy squad. Unless any of the members in the squad is fearless, ALL the members of the squad must chose the death or glory alternative.
Have to? That strikes me as unfair. Perhaps it would be fair if they had a higher chance of damaging it, so it is not all advantageous to you.

Any models that deals a penetrating hit to the tank in hth combat, will be wounded itself on a d6roll of 4+ (it is hit by one of those sharp spikes)
Use another Orky rule (can't be bothered to check which one this time). Change it to everytime they miss they take a Str 3 (or whatever) hit. This represents the differing levels of skill. Someone who has a poor WS is less likely to dodge around the spikes and will get impaled more often.

Sounds good?
It's a good idea but there are several flaws with rules but I have suggested my adjustments to those above.

·
Registered
377 Posts
They certainly are not VDR, that's for sure. Which would mean he would have to seek opponents approval to use it. I, personally, would say no to the one he first posted.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't know, it seems a bit odd for an Imperial tank to seek getting in close. Close in is where tanks die. It's tough for a person in a tank to see troops who are in close to it and (from a more gameplay point of view) with light armor the tank doesn't really have the ability to withstand grenade attacks and so forth. Really this is why in real life many modern tank formations have armored transports right up with them, so if they get in close to enemy infantry they have their own infantry to counter them.

Don't let me get you down on your idea though, if you want to make it, go for it. (I would at the very least make it not quite so hard on the troops you're running over. At the same time the tank seems light enough I think you could easily make it considered fast).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds pretty cool but the only problem i think is that it lacks long range attack which could end up being destroyed pretty soon....and when it comes face to face with another tank what are you gonna do? Ram it?? It's probably gonna be pretty good against infantry but other armored units....i don't know....just food for thought :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.