Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm..

So how do you resolve models that have the deep strike capability AND the ability to ignore or move through cover. the fluff usually describes it as burrowing etc

DS normally says if i scatter the squad onto difficult terrain then they are destroyed

but necron Scarab swarms for example ignore difficult terrain tests

necron Flayed ones get o move through it

Which takes precedence?

Opinions?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Chief!

Only impassable terrain, landing on other models (can't have a models base ontop of another) or scattering off-table will destroy Deep Strikers :)

So really, you'll DS then get whatever Move in your next turn when you can actually move:p

ref: P 84, last sentance of para 3

Good luck on the dice rolls! :happy:

~ jonesie

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think you're getting impassible terrain confused with dangerous terrain. If a DS unit lands on impassable terrain then he is indeed destroyed (mean like a cliff, or a giant spire... or whatever impassible terrain you may play with). They may however land in normal dangerous terrain (forest, crater, building... etc...)

hope that helps.

-Razal19

·
2,076 Posts
If you land on impassible terrain your destroyed
If you land on dangerous terrain you take a test
If you land on difficult terrain, I think you count it as dangerous terrain(I may be wrong on that one)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Omegoku, you had it until that last one. Only jumptroops that DS into difficult make dangerous terrain tests. All others are just fine.

·
2,399 Posts
Omegoku, you had it until that last one. Only jumptroops that DS into difficult make dangerous terrain tests. All others are just fine.
Very true, however does anyone else think it's ridiculous that jetpack equipped troops are the only ones that aren't trained to land safely? E.g. Assault marine is not as well trained as a guardsman.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
GW being GW. Such things didn't exist in old edition rules.

Fluff could be argued that his jumppack didn't function (crash landing), a branch stripped his control from his hand, his pant leg caught fire....and on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.