Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played a game against a friend the other day. I was loaning his minis and we played Empire vs DE at 2000 points.

He had a Dreadlord on a Dragon, some crossbowmen, dark riders, big unit of black guard and a banner that makes them strike first and 2 Hydras.

He didn't have a lot of magic but he still beat me down very easily.

How am I supposed to deal with tough chops like that with a non-heavy shooty/magic list ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
How am I supposed to deal with tough chops like that with a non-heavy shooty/magic list ?
I don't think you can. Empire needs its shooting...

The best counter for the dragon is cannons, obviously.

If you want to go toe-to-toe with dark elves in combat your best bet is knights, but it's still not that great a bet. Best to shoot them first, then fight them if you ask me.

Edit: Oh yeah, cannons work against hydras too. Well, at least better than anything else we have...

·
Registered
691 Posts
either you want to go magic-heavy in your assault plan (Lv 4 Wizard) and as many other wizards as you can. based on where his points are, he has little if anything left for magic.

You want Lore of Fire, Lore of Metal and Lore of Beasts in order to deal with this army.

BEASTS- If you can get the spell that allows you to essentially 'freeze' monsters/cavalry you can hold up his dragon and hydra's with them while your cannons fire away.

FIRE- to deal with the Hydra's regeneration.

METAL- will do good damage against what I assume is a heavily armored DreadLord or the Blackgaurd

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Empire without great cannons is like playing an all peasant army. Great cannons are the great equalizer. Knights are not bad, our magic is cheap as well both offensively and defensively. Empire has all kinds of good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.