Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that whenever I am playing Tyranids, it's usually pretty easy..too easy. Then, on the second turn, a whole bunch of spore mines deepstrike out of nowhere, and blow up a lot of my guarsmen. I like to use the close-order drill, so their death is pretty much inevitible, since he uses frag mines. Does anyone have a good strategy to counter them?

·
Registered
275 Posts
depends on what models you own

the problem is his biomorphs launching the spore mines. if you need to get rid of the spore mine effect immediately...

you could try

>infiltrating hardened veterans preferably within range of weapons you give them without being too exposed to the other nid units.
>sentinels set up at the edge of deployment zone closest to the biovores so the free recon move they get can be used to get closer if necessary(depending on what weapon you give them)
>infiltrating ratlings would probably work if they infiltrated with range of thier rifles. the sniper rifles would ignore the biovore's terrible armour saves
>basilisk(s)
>deep striking storm troopers... always the chance you role reserves as being available too late in the game for what you want to do with them

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Sevenzilla said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that whenever I am playing Tyranids, it's usually pretty easy..too easy. Then, on the second turn, a whole bunch of spore mines deepstrike out of nowhere, and blow up a lot of my guarsmen. I like to use the close-order drill, so their death is pretty much inevitible, since he uses frag mines. Does anyone have a good strategy to counter them?
Yes, a very simple and easy one to.

Don't deploy in COD formation in the first place. If the enemy is using templates you should be avoiding base to base contact like Khorne Berserker avoids pink dressware. By deploying canninilly, you will be able to limit your casulties to one or two guardsmen per spore mine. That's bugger all for most IG armies out there.

I find COD more useful for CC where the Init. boost is a real gem.

Oh no Mr. Khorne dude, I strike simultaneously with your Bloodthirster! Cop that!

*Cackles as thirty or so guardsmen work together to garrot the stupid Daemon with its own whip*

·
Registered
275 Posts
closing troops really tight usually isn't good in any game. if i manage to hit you with my small blast, large blast/ordnance, or flamer template.. imagine how many more units will be hit compared to a squad spread out a bit... tyranid buddy of mine used to use masses of terma and horma guants in were very close together in thier squads. best time i've ever had with indirect fire. 2 bassilisks and 3 mortars. only time my mortars more than payed for themselves.but if you MUST take out the spore mine capability early think about the ideas i listed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, I see. Well, I guess I just liked the COD because it was free, and it powers up my guardsmen leadership. But, now that I think about it, that's what my herioc Sr officer is for. And for the first post, the threat is deepstriking spore mines, rather than the ones shot out of biovores. Thank you, everyone for your help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Use COD .. but carefully

Close order drill is excellent in close combat. However, until then keep your guard spread out to minimize blast effects.

Only close up when you are going to charge or the turn before you are charged.

Death to the Emperor's enemies,

Sephe:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts