Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, somewhat inspired by a damn nice Sentinel conversion I saw in the Imperial Guard sub-forum, I decided to knock together some rules for the thing via the VDR and a bit of common sense.

"Defender" Heavy walker

AV 12/12/10

Walker

BS3 WS3 S5 I3 A1

Heavy Support

100pts

The Defender is equipped with a missile launcher, in addition it MUST take one of the following weapons

Twin Linked Lascannon at +38 pts
Twin Linked Autocannon at +38 pts
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter at +23 pts

The Defender is a heavy walker based loosely on the Sentinel design, its more powerful engines allow it to carry more armour and weaponry than the basic Sentinel whilst still maintaining the same maneuverabilty and speed. However, the increased noise levels generated by the heavier engine and chassis make it unsuitable for scouting. On the battlefield the Defender fulfills the same roles as a light/medium tank, a choice halfway between the lighter armour of the reconnaisance vehicles (Sentinel/Salamander) and the battle tanks of the Armoured companies.

The original conversion is this bad boy

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Not too shabby, by my reckoning. Seems pretty balanced.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
The one comment I would make is that forgeworld already has a ML sentinel, and it looses a lot of the mobility of the normal sentinel, I would remove that deep strike option

·
2,076 Posts
The loss in movement is represented by the lack of the scout rule.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it otherwise a normal sentinal which is open toped?
Nope, not open topped.

Why does the FW Missile Sentinel lose the DS option?

But on reflection the Defender is probably too big to be dropped out of anything short of heavy transports, which don't land on the front-line. Deep Strike gone for now.

·
262 Posts
great idea

well IG has alot of heavy support choices.. and maybe too many.. but they also due foe new stuff and i think you got it !

and look pretty balanced to me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts