Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to make sure of something.

I have always read the rules on the Deff Rolla as saying that even if a unit passes their tank shock test they take D6 Strength 10 hits. Is that correct?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Although it isn't particularly touched upon in the FAQ, one of the questions asked is whether a unit who successfully stops a deff rolla equipped battlewagon's tank shock still takes 2d6 S 10 hits, to which the answer is: yes indeed!
If the unit can successfully stop a BW's tank shock and still take damage, I'd say you'd still do damage if they pass the Ld test.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty sure it directly mentions in the Ork Codex that they take the extra hits even if they pass their Ld test.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although it isn't particularly touched upon in the FAQ, one of the questions asked is whether a unit who successfully stops a deff rolla equipped battlewagon's tank shock still takes 2d6 S 10 hits, to which the answer is: yes indeed!
If the unit can successfully stop a BW's tank shock and still take damage, I'd say you'd still do damage if they pass the Ld test.
This coupled with the semi vague wording of the special rule (seemingly in favor of deffrolla death) make me believe you are correct.

I never could find it in the codex (that surely does not mean it is not in there though as I am not the most tenacious about that sort of thing!).

·
Registered
614 Posts
IIRC the Ork codex says something along the lines of "If a battlewagon equipped with a deff rolla tank shocks a unit, that unit takes d6 str 10 hits" not "If a battlewagon equipped with a deff rolla tank shocks a unit, and that unit fails the subsequent Ld save, that unit suffers d6 str 10 hits". I mean, I guess they could have thought it was obvious that the unit would only suffer the negative effects if they fail, but why wouldn't they make it simpler and clarify if that was the case?

·
Registered
181 Posts
"Any Tank Shock made by a Battlewagon with a Deff Rolla causes D6 Strength 10 hits on the victim unit. If the unit elects to make a Death or Glory attack, it takes a further D6 Strength 10 hits in addition to the usual effects."

If the Tank Shock moral test fails:
Unit suffers 1 D6 S10 hit(s), and then falls back. If the unit suffers a unit loss that would normally require it to take a moral test, this test is ignore as the unit is already falling back due to the morale test failed by the Tank Shock.

If the Tank Shock morale test passes:
Unit suffers 1 D6 S10 hit(s), and the unit moves out of the way of the BW.

If the Unit attempts DoG attack and succeeds (stun, destroy, or immobilize):
The unit suffers 1 D6 S10 hit(s), and the Vehicle comes to a stop. The unit does not recieve the additional hits because the vehicle's damage takes effect immediately.

If the Unit attempts DoG attack and fails:
The unit suffers 2 D6 S10 hit(s), and the model making the DoG attack is removed. Note that the wounds inflicted by the BW cannot be applied to the DoG attacker.

That's how I see it, but I could be wrong. Now what happens if the falling back unit falls back in the way of the BW's path again?

·
Registered
512 Posts
This part of what pr13 said is the only bit incorrect.

If the Unit attempts DoG attack and succeeds (stun, destroy, or immobilize):
The unit suffers 1 D6 S10 hit(s), and the Vehicle comes to a stop. The unit does not recieve the additional hits because the vehicle's damage takes effect immediately.

They still take 2 d6 hits even if they stop it. This was in the FAQ

·
Registered
181 Posts
Really mute at this point don't you think. I was arguing that tank shock and ramming was the same. Then trying to work out the details with an anti-combining Tank Shock public mentality. I'll thank you to note that the thread ended well before the FAQ came out. You necromancer you!

Can't tell you how glad I am to not have to argue the Deff Rolla rules any more!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes. Reference the FAQ.

Q. Does a unit that successfully stops a Deff Rolla-equipped Battlewagon’s Tank Shock suffer any hits?
A. Yes, it does. In fact, it suffers 2D6 S10 hits!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Space Marines Auto pass checks, do they still get hit by DR? ive had this arguement with a SM player of mine.

and just a little off topic but if SM fall back because of loosing combat do they automatically regroup or do they still have to take a LD test?

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, how does tank shocking vehicles work, exactly? I understand per the FAQ the Deffrolla works against vehicles, how does this play out in game?

I.e.- Battlewagon Rams another tank and destroys it, but does not cause the result where it blows up? Does it move through the wreckage?
Battlewagon Rams another vehicle and does not destroy it? Does it cause another d6 strength 10 hits becuase the unit "stopped" it?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you don't destroy a vehicle, then the deff rolla stops 1 inch away from the wreckage.

Deff rolla only does 2d6 hits against a unit that death or glories it. A vehicle can't do this, do it's just the d6 hits, and it stops 1 inch away.

(That's my understanding as worded).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts