Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deamon icon in each of my infantry squads. I have the models carring them one handed while brandishing a chain axe in the other hand ( I used a chaos knights lance arm with some othe spare bits to make them)
I play world eaters and may be entering a torney soon , What i want to know is will the icon bearers lose a cc attack?
I have read the codex and iI would assume that any Icon bearer just needs to stand out and be seen, but still act like a normal squad memeber.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You should be fine. I would however make sure there is a bolt pistol on the belt on those modles, just to be on the safe side. (I don't know about world eater sprues, but the regular chaos marine sprue has a couple options for that.)

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
There is no reason to worry. Even if he doesn't have a Bolt Pistol, so long as the majority of the squad does nobody will throw a fit. The Icon doesn't effect your prowess in combat or shooting in any way.

Now, what bugs me is that you said "Daemon Icon." You didn't actually mean The Daemon Icon, did you? You meant "The standard icon that comes free with any marked unit," right? Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes caluin, i was refering to the demonic icon you get for free with each of your units not a army specific icon ( ie plauge banner or banner of raeg ect ..) the reason i ask is because the codex referst to treating the icon bearer like a hvy weapon trooper for casualty removal so i just wanted to cover all my bases.:yes:

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Caluin is right, there's nowhere that says unit icons have to be held in a hand, even. A lot of people I play with have them being held as weapons and we accept that they have close combat weapons/bps too. I model mine by putting attaching them to back packs and giving the model the standard ccw/bp and there's no reason why mine would give me an advantage in close combat simply because I choose to model them differently.

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
Another question about demon icons

in the chosen entry it says they can carry their mark specific banner for points cost listed, however I was wondering if that counts towards the model who is holding its wargear/demonic gifts limit(I'm using all aspiring champs) or if it would just count to the squads cost overall. Thanks in advance.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Amishcellphone said:
in the chosen entry it says they can carry their mark specific banner for points cost listed, however I was wondering if that counts towards the model who is holding its wargear/demonic gifts limit(I'm using all aspiring champs) or if it would just count to the squads cost overall. Thanks in advance.
I can't think of a place where it would really matter, but the cost for the Icon should be applied to the trooper carrying it.

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
don't demon specific banners count towards a characters wargear/demonic gifts limit?

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Amishcellphone said:
don't demon specific banners count towards a characters wargear/demonic gifts limit?
I don't think so. It says that the "unit" is buying it, not an individual model. So while the model holding it would be counted as Model + Icon in price, the unit payed for it as a whole, so you shouldn't need to count it towards your wargear limit.

After all, if that were the case, normal troopers wouldn't be able to hold the Icon, since they have an effective wargear limit of 0.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good idea taking a icon in every squad, helps the randomness or summoning deamons anywhere.... you are summoning deamons right!? if not i STRONGLY suggest you get some!

as for The demonic icon, isint it reserved for the chaos undevideds chosen? im almost positive it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts