Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started playing games with my Tau army and it cosists of 3 crisis suits 1 full stealht team, 2 full fire warrior teams, 1 Kroot Squad (2 hounds, 1 Krootox, 14 Kroot) Hammerhead (railgun,SMS) and gun drone squad.

I have played 6 games and lost all but 1, I believe this is due to my poor deployment, please help, for this army list or just generally Tau

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok my first hint to you...
How have you deployed your forces in the battles you have fought?
Using the kroots and the fire warriors as a shield to the rest of your forces or the opposite?
In my oppinion you should go with a solid core of the foot trodders you have and keep the flanks strong using your hammerhead and and the battlesuits.
Use the stealth suits to snoop around one of the sides of the main force, not directly on the table edge but close to it. At least your sure then that noone will come up into your back.
Use the hammerhead and the battlesuits on the flanks to keep the enemy down in the dirt while the kroot and the firewarriors in the middle go up center.
Try to deploy in a sort of a pincer fashion.

·
994 Posts
heres how i would suggest setting up

C R D D
C F F F F F F F F F F F F D D
C F F F F F F F F F F F F D D
HKKKKKKKXKKKKKKKH

S S S S S S

C=crisis
F=firewarriors
H=hounds
R=hammerhead
S=stealth
D=drones
X=krootox
K= kroot

stand and shoot. thats what tau are best a. use the firewarriors to shoot at the advancing enemy and then he kroot can protect your firewarriors assault anything that gets close. the crisis and drones can cover your flanks or counter atac your enemies at the front. the hammerhead should just be used to damage the most dangerous threats. the stealth team should be used to slow down the enmies advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.