Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have legions that you have made up your self, whether it be from scratch or just a company within an existing army, when I was writing some of the fluff for my army I had decided to base my legion ( The Dark Sons...yay! ) on a space hulk instead of a planet somewhere in the galaxy. It got me to thinking I'd like to write up a piece on a Daemon World somewhere ( an ok book & coincidently where I got the idea for the hulk and basing them around the Malestrom rather then the EOT )So the question is...

If you had a Daemon World somewhere in the EOT, how would you mould it to your own twisted whims?

I'd like to look out to a multihued sky whose clouds roll around with images of orgiastic delight ( think Slaanesh only a bit more perverted )

oh oh oh and a river of blood....bwahahahaha

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What you can't say that you want to be a slaanech follower and a khorne follower...

Anyway, a deamon world for be would be a desolate emty and dead place, a metal planet.
A corroded, a bit rusty planet.
A planet where you can see the remnants of long before killed off civilization, a planet where the constant flucktuation of the clouds depict the faces of millions of deamons and other torured souls.
The clouds will rain acid, as well as the clouds themselves will swell and flow like the ebb of the sea and now and then draw close to the world. and steal the souls of any unfortunate soul that happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time...
A world where the air is so charged, that sometimes the air itself vomits out great lightning storms...
A planet where the clear nightsky sometimes manages to find a clearing to shine through, and where the Eye of Terror is the center of the sky... the whole sky...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm only saying river of blood because they throw them in free with every Daemon World, although I'd have to fill it myself. Mine would be an undivided world, with only small portions of the landscape to be given to the followers of the four gods. With a continent sized battle arena to watch them do battle in from the comfort of my beanbag.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hmmm strange little chap you are....

I think mine would be a undivided plane too, but only to undivided...

By the way, where are you from since you answered so fast?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aust Mate
A continent sized arena would be great, you could gather huge armies of slaves to fight out battles, or have just a good old fashioned gladitorial bout

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ahh your a couple of hours ahead of me then...

My deamon world would be the jagged metal planet.. the perfect world for an Iron warrior

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Originally posted by Moncs@Jun 17 2003, 06:02
With a continent sized battle arena to watch them do battle in from the comfort of my beanbag.
I thought the rules were no beanbags? (or throw rugs for that matter)

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
My Deamon world would be Pure Darkness. No reflections. No Nothing, just darkness. And for mortal men to look upon it is to be instantly driven insane, and the only plantlife that grows are Red Watchermacallit trees that shed Red Thingmajig seeds which, if eaten, will twist and turn your guts, unto they are mashed into a paste, which will be vomited out of your nostrills..

Theres other stuff too :lol:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Okay, let's see... The skies are dark, filled with clouds in the shapes of tormented faces, raining boiling blood. The planet itself would be cold and dark, with a massive arena where slaves and warriors alike fight and die, the best fighters will be recruited for my army. Everywhere on the planet's surface are chained prisoners, working and dying, and everywhere you see fields of tormented imperials, not allowed death but instead damned for eternity. Around the arena would be high towers wherein my warriors live. There's always wind, you don't feel it, but you hear it constantly, the wind sounds like screams of pain and despair...

That would be a place I could feel at home.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My planet would have to be rather warm. The whole planet including the crust would be molten adamatium. There would be islands of skulls floating just above the surface so it didnt touch the planet with rivers of blood flowing off them evaperating as soon as they hit the planets crust. There would be massive towers that reached for what seems like days on end. All the towers would have brass symbols all over them in the shape of the khorne symbol. The air would be pure sulpher and the wind could burn the skin of any human. Great winged beasts would fly through the skys wielding axes and whips.

As you can see its a kinda hostile world. I guess you also relaised it is a khorne world.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it sounds more like a paradise planet, I'd also want a rabbits warren of catacombs under and through the planet with all kinds of nasties hidden inside.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Well to me that sounds a bit Slaaneshian, right?

Mine would be a fortress world...
Manned by the Iron warriors and the lost and the damned... the really lost and damned... you know what I mean, krawling bodyparts and tortured spirits... a truly hell on eart...emm in the Warp!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
hehe your guys' daemon worlds kick ass. Mine would be a place where ashes fall insead of snow or rain, and the entire landscape would be scoured by flame. Everywhere crucifixes, pikes, and other barbed implements would hang my prisoners of war from them and their tortured screams would echo as a cacophony of pure insanity, death, pain, and oh so much fun for me! In the center of this landscape would be a black palace baering all the regalia and blasphemous iconography of the Libras Eternal, standing miles high, with sickly smoke bellowing out from many smokestacks and exhaust pipes. A moat of blood, with impaled corpses and maimed body parts on its banks, would surround my palace. Every now and then a bestial demonic roar would shake the landscape, and my prisoners/victims' fear would ease my sleep for centuries to come.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My Daemon world would be a logical nightmare, where all speach is totally incomprihensable, try to go in one direction, and you go in the other, two large fortresses on each pole of the planet would echo a none stop littany of equally incomprihensable noise.

Large battle fields with no survivors would litter all patches of land which were not taken up by a path or sand, and out of the bodies of the fallen (who are so mutated by contact with the ground that distinguishing between races is almost totally impossable) sprouts trophy racks holding inumerable heads and helms.

The paths are made of the weapons of the ones who have fell neer the path, and step on the wrong part and one of the weapons will attack, a sword will stab up, a bullet will shoot out, or at worst (or best) a melta bomb will detonate and kill all in the vicinity, the is dangerous, but it is better than risking the sand, as many daemons reside there, awaiting those foolish enough to put a foot upon the sand which hides them.

All this makes this place seem like a nightmare, but get through these tests and survive with your mind intact or in the better scenario, without your mind, you will get a reward beond comprehention.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine would be a huge maze leading to the only bathroom, with winged daemons whipping you into a frenzy of despair, and eventually killing you when (after many years) you find the bathroom. bwahahahahahahaa

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Lee_101@Jun 24 2003, 12:41
My Daemon world would be a logical nightmare, where all speach is totally incomprihensable, try to go in one direction, and you go in the other, two large fortresses on each pole of the planet would echo a none stop littany of equally incomprihensable noise.

Keeewwwlllll that sounds like a real place that would mess with your head,

How about a maze whose paths keep twisting and changing, so you never know if your are going the right way or indeed going round in circles

·
Registered
122 Posts
a maze whose paths keep twisting and changing, so you never know if your are going the right way or indeed going round in circles
that would go realy well with the total loss of direction, i'll have to remember that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not to mention the maze has to have all kinds of horrid and unsettling sights, so that spending enough time in it will make anyone go completely insane. Sections of the maze should be dedicated to each chaos god. like one part bloodwill run from the walls, and skulls will hang from the parapets. In another Pus, filth and nastiness will ooze from all sides, plus a lovely smell. Yet another part it will be a hallucinogenic nightmare, with the things from the darkest depths of their minds coming out to haunt them. and Tzeentch will be running the maze, making sure the paths twist, turn and double back, making it impossible to leave. I would call it something like the Labyrinth of Blighted Misery or something to that effect.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hell yeah I love that movie, especially what happens to that first guy
" french fries anyone ? "
The idea about the maze having different zones sounds cool, if you make it outta one your equally screwed in the next one. It should have some giant tower in the middle, that you can see from every part of the maze and if you make it to there you get out. Of course you never will it's just there to mess with your head.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.