Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm assembling a bunch of destroyers, heavy destroyers, and a destroyer lord. Generally do you guys use the included base and stem? I've had problems with larger models breaking those small stems but they seem sturdy enough to support these smaller destroyers.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I HATE the little pins that you're supposed to stick in the hole on the underside. I did some mini-converting and used some magnets.

Basically, you do the following:

1) completely break off the "tabs" that are supposed to go into the hole in the base and the underside of the model, leaving only the stalk/stem in the middle (if that makes sense).

2) invert said stalk/stem, so the narrow end is on the bottom and the wide end on top.

3) insert narrow end into the hole on the base (you may want to use your hobby knife or something to widen the hole a bit) and glue in place.

4) Get flat disc rare earth magnets and glue one to the flat surface on top of the stem (this was originally the "bottom" part).

5) Glue another magnet (making sure the polarity properly lines up!) to the underside of the model where the hole is. You might want to try widening the hole with drill bits or your hobby knife.

If you do that for each base and each model, you'll have bases that store easily and can be mixed and matched from model to model, which might look cool if you are planning to vary your bases and model paint jobs. I did this for my five-man destroyer team and I love it! Makes it SO much easier to store them!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The bases are fine for Destroyers yes. Just don't permanently glue them on, then they become a pain to transport. Leave the Destroyer, and the base/stem separate, simply slotting the D onto the step tip when gaming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts