Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

While I was looking through my Tomb Kings book the other night an idea came to me...

I was wondering what sort of sucess people have had if they have tried running a tomb King with the destroyer of eternities and the cloak of dunes.

I have thought that this could be a nasty combonation which can cause headaches for enemy Cav inparticular with an effective 20" charge.

What are ppls thoughts about this and could it be sucessful?

Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Er, you cannot charge with the cloak of the dunes, you have to land at least one inch from the enemy. So you can fly then magically charge yourself in iwth your normal movement rate in the magic phase.

The normal setup for the flying King is Spear of Anatark, Cloak of the Dunes and Scorpion Armour, that way your King doesn't crumble away!

Will

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The problem with both is that you are relying really heavily on magic. A Kings spells come early, meaning he needs priest backup, difficult as the Cloak is already taken. The DoE + CoD could be a nasty character killer, the original setup is more of a gimic to hold units. I doubt a King could hold above his poins worth though, or if he fluffs it against an enemy Char.. either way its almost 400Vpts down the drain. Not to mantion an awesome character and general.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was just curious really what people thought about it... Been thinking that I would run more in a defensive army as that way you get the magical support of from the liche Priests... thinking of using him as a guard for my SSC's and CoS then fly him into a unit of Tomb Guard later in the game...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not a fan of the King with the Cloak. The Heirophant needs the cloak, bottom line.

The King should go in a unit of TG or in a unit of Chariots. The TG is my favorite option.

Give him the DOE and he can shred apart most units!

Lannymay

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Ditto.

Without the abilty to flying charge into combat, the cloak dowsnt really help all that much. You may as well go with the Chariot King with Flail of Skulls. Still fast (only 4 inches shorter charge than the cloak would give), and can still kill characters, but he doesn't get boned coz he's on his own.

Conclusion for me: Not a great idea. Sorry!

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
366 Posts
Indeed Tim is right, Chariot King with Flail of Skulls, Chariot of Fire and Collar, or On Foot King with DoE and Collar is the way forward.

another real option is to go cheap with the King and just give him the Collar and a great weapon?

Will

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have never used the flying king as to me he just seems too fragile. Against a reasonably capable opponent, any attempted charge will be dispelled leaving your general (with a massive 4+ save at best) exposed to all kinds of trouble.

Flail of skulls all the way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.