Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a Devastator Squad a good thing to have in a Blood Angels army now that the new 40k rules have come out. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I will think about that, but I can't find predators anywhere, think you could link a website for me? I already have a vindicator by the way=].

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is it worth it?
No, because they are very expensive pointswise and they don't like the Dawn of War scenario where they don't get any shooting done in the first round of the game. I still have three squads, though, because I just love the models. :)

A Vindicator is a great start for that bit of extra bang, but the true beast in the Blood Angels Codex is the Baal Predator - moving 6 inches and firing all weapons is not too bad. :) My preferred combo is to fill all three Heavy Support slots with one Vindicator and two Baal Predators. Sometimes I exchange the Vindicator with a Land Raider.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems from what I've read that taking Baal Preds is most effective when taken in pairs, is this the most common method?

·
Registered
343 Posts
It seems from what I've read that taking Baal Preds is most effective when taken in pairs, is this the most common method?
Well, I haven't witnessed it so far and my 2nd Baal is still in its box, but once I have assembled it, I'll run two Baals in combination with a Vindicator or a Land Raider.

The Baal is real beast for a tank - if you take two with Heavy Bolter side sponsons, you get per turn 8 strength 6 rending shots with rerolls and 12 strenght 5 shots - and you may still move 6 inches, if you pass the overcharged engines roll.

The Baal is worth every single point against infantry and lightly armored vehicles - and if you are lucky, the rending rule (6+6+3) may even allow you to destroy a Land Raider.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you should compare the point cost of a Baal to the one of a Devastator Squad and then compare their abilities - it's very obvious how to fill your Heavy Support slots after that. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts