Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this special character and I was wondering what you might think. Crtique is welcome. I want to know changes I should make.

Inquisitor Marianne Castelen

Points-215
WS-BS-S-T-W-I-A-Ld-Sv
5- 5-3-3- 3- 5-3- 10- 2+

Special Character: Any Daemonhunters army of 1,500 points or more may include Inquisitor Marianne Castelen as a special character. If you decide to take her then she counts as one of the HQ choices for the army and she must be used exactly as described below. She may not be given any additional equipment.

Equipment: Anointed weapon, Emperor’s Mercy, Artificer armour, Bionics, Grimoire of True Names

Psychic Powers: Castelen is a trained psyker and can use Word of the Emperor psychic power

Special Rules

Emperor’s Mercy: This custom Bolt pistol was given to Castelen for slaying the Daemon Prince Angron during the First war for Armageddon. It uses these rules

Range Str AP Notes

20” 5 5 Assault 2

Retribution Class Teleporters

Inquisitor Castelen’s flagship The Argonaught contains a set of Retribution Class Teleporters. These are experimental prototypes capable of precision teleporting, but they do have a knack for backfiring. They use the following rules.

Inquisitor Castelen and her retinue may always Deep Strike, even if the mission rules do not allow it. If you choose to Deep Strike Castelen and her retinue you must roll a D6 after you place them, but before you roll the scatter dice. This represents the highly unpredictable nature of these prototypes.
After you roll you must follow the rule that corresponds to the number thrown.

1 A massive power overload has shorted the generator. Remove Castelen and her retinue from the board to represent the generator being repaired, they may re-attempt to Deep Strike next turn.

2 The PPGS (Pin-Point Guidance System) has failed. Castelen and her retinue scatter 3D6"

3-4 They Deep Strike as normal.

5 The PPGS has worked! Castelen and her retinue scatter
Only D6”, and may shoot on the turn they arrive.

6 The teleporter has malfunctioned, with a good result!
Castelen and her retinue follow the same rules as above. When you have finished scattering, place a large blast marker over Castelen. You may select one other Deep Striking squad to automatically Deep Strike in this area as if it was a Teleport homer.

Retinue

Acolyte: Bolt pistol and close combat weapon
Familiar

2 Sages

Gun-Servitor: Plasma cannon

Options

· Replace Acolyte with Master Interrogator Torq Koltan for +30 points. Torq Koltan uses the profile below.
Points WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
+30 4 4 3 3 2 4 2 8 4+
Equipment: Plasma pistol, Close combat weapon, Bionics, Personal standard

Special Rules

Acolyte: Torq Koltan is an Acolyte and follows the same rules that Acolyte’s do (e.g. Take a wound for the Inquisitor).

Personal Standard: Torq carries Inquisitor Castelen’s Personal standard into battle, this beacon of zeal brings hope into the hearts of all the warriors of the Emperor.

All friendly units within 20” of the Standard count as being Fearless.

So, what do you think?:|

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
in general its good, 2 changes though.

1: She cant have slain Angron, it was a Grey Knight who defeated him during the first war for armageddon.

2: The pistols range is a bit too much, id give it normal pistol range, the strength and assault 2 bonus makes it better but the added range makes it a bit ott.

i like the acolyte idea, good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in general its good, 2 changes though.

1: She cant have slain Angron, it was a Grey Knight who defeated him during the first war for armageddon.

2: The pistols range is a bit too much, id give it normal pistol range, the strength and assault 2 bonus makes it better but the added range makes it a bit ott.

i like the acolyte idea, good.
I'll make the pistol 12"

I origonally put some fluff that she led the GK company that took down Angron. Not sure what to do know though?

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Still, its a bit tenuous, a GK force would never be led to battle by an inquisitor, while an inquisitor may have overall supiriority of a force it is the brother captains, justicars and masters who lead the battle.

Plus there is allready some fluff out there regarding that particular battle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How about... She slew the Daemon Prince C'karthon at the battle for Luxus Prime, while leading a Inquisitorial company with GK allies? And the pistol is now Str 5 AP 5 Range 12"

·
877 Posts
I personally dont really like it, it is like the special characters we already have. ( cool fluff wise but just useless game wise )

1 - You made a close combat human that is not immune to instant death and not really good at close combat either

2 - The deepstrike ability she has is worse then normal deepstrike as the negative results I think are worse then the positive ones. ( could just be me though since I dont like deepstrike anyways )

3 - The unit doesnt have a purpose really I mean you got a plasma cannon guy but yet the unit deepstrikes so at most he will get 4 shots (that is if he comes in on turn 2 and lives until the end of the game, since he can not shoot on the the turn he comes in) and if you are doing that you are not doing CC which is what you have her set up to do.

4 - The unit cost way to many points for what it does. I mean you are paying 215 points for a single plasma cannon and some extra wounds or you are paying it for a human CC IC that doesnt even have an invulnerable save. I mean a normal GM would slaughter this unit in CC and would do it for 70 points less.

5 - Change her gun to be a pistol that she can always fire twice and make it have a better ap or just give her a plasma pistol. As it is she would not get the extra attack in CC as the weapon is marked as assault and not as a pistol.

6 - Special characters no longer have army point restrictions so you can drop that. ( atleast that is how all the new codex are )

- Not trying to destory your hopes here just pointing out all the flaws so you can fix them. Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing an updated version.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Character redone

Okay after a bit of thinking i did an overhaul

Inquisitor Marianne Castelen

Hailing from Cephian V. Marianne Castelen first encountered the taint of chaosat the tender age of 14, when during a raid on her planet by Emperor's Children, her parents were slaughtered by two traitor marines who where about to inflict their perverse pleasures upon her. In a pyschic scream of desperation she crippled their minds, revealing she was a hidden psyker. This psychic scream was heard by an Inquisitor lord and he discovered her shortly after she had fried the traitor marines brains. He took her under his wing where she trained as an acolyte for 19 years.

During her first proper campaign, Inquisitor Castelen found herself facing a Greater Daemon of Slaneesh. Remembering the scarring memory of the lust go and his children, she charged the Daemon. She was severely outclassed and though she thought valiantly she suffered serious damage. With her last breath, she thrust her sword through the daemons heart and discharged a bolt of psychic energy through her sword.

Castelen survived through extensive surgery and heavy use of cybernetic replacements, though she credits it all to the Emperor's mercy. After returning to active service, Castelens ferocity and ambition allowed her to quickly rise through the ranks of the Ordo Malleus.
She now commands a full company of Inquisitorial troops and has her own fleet. With her flagship The Argonaught at it's head.

She uses the following rules

Points_ WS_BS_S_T_W_I_A_Ld_Sv
185 _ 5_5_4_5_3_5_4_10_2+ /4+ Invulnerable

Equipment: Power weapon, Emperor's mercy, Tectonite armour, Bionics, Icon of the just

Psychic powers: Word of the Emperor

Retinue: Warrior-Grenade launcher, Warrior-Plasma gun, Sage, Interrogator Koltan

Special Rules

Emperor's Mercy: Castelen recieved this custom bolt pistol out-fitted to carry Hellfire rounds. It uses this profile: Range 12" Str 5 AP 3

Tectonite armour: Rumoured to be made of the same material as the Golden throne, this suit of Artificer armour increases Castelen's Toughness by +1

Interrogator Koltan:Castelen's right hand man and most trusted servant. He use the profile below.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 4 3 3 2 4 1 8 4+

Equipment:
Plasma pistol, Close combat weapon, Personal Standard

Acolyte: Koltan follows the same rules as an Acolyte

Personal Standard: Koltan carries Castelen's Personal Standard into battle. This beacon of Zeal puts hope into the hearts of her troops. Any friendly unit within 15" of the standard may use Inqusitor Castelen's Leadership.

·
877 Posts
Much better, although I would have the armor just make her immune to instant death instead of +1 toughness, since you already increased her strength / toughness ( guessing from the bionics she has now ) having her be T5 is a bit much since she is still human, T5 is for super marines and MC. For the retinue I would add another sage, and switch the grenade guard for a CC servitor, and increase your cost to like 205 since you made the her and the unit work together and have some useful abilities.

Also since she is in inquisitor lord (I am guessing) make sure to give her Iron Will. ( as per the normal Inquisitor Lord ) and then I would say have the banner grant that ability to all friendly units within 12" ( best to not use random ranges like 15" )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
A few changes

Inquisitor Lord Marianne Castelen

Hailing from Cephian V. Marianne Castelen first encountered the taint of chaosat the tender age of 14, when during a raid on her planet by Emperor's Children, her parents were slaughtered by two traitor marines who where about to inflict their perverse pleasures upon her. In a pyschic scream of desperation she crippled their minds, revealing she was a hidden psyker. This psychic scream was heard by an Inquisitor lord and he discovered her shortly after she had fried the traitor marines brains. He took her under his wing where she trained as an acolyte for 19 years.

During her first proper campaign, Inquisitor Castelen found herself facing a Greater Daemon of Slaneesh. Remembering the scarring memory of the lust go and his children, she charged the Daemon. She was severely outclassed and though she thought valiantly she suffered serious damage. With her last breath, she thrust her sword through the daemons heart and discharged a bolt of psychic energy through her sword.

Castelen survived through extensive surgery and heavy use of cybernetic replacements, though she credits it all to the Emperor's mercy. After returning to active service, Castelens ferocity and ambition allowed her to quickly rise through the ranks of the Ordo Malleus.
She now commands a full company of Inquisitorial troops and has her own fleet. With her flagship The Argonaught at it's head.

205 _ 5_5_4_4_3_5_4_10_2+ /4+ Invulnerable

Equipment: Power weapon, Emperor's mercy, Tectonite armour, Enhanced Bionics, Icon of the just

Retinue: Combat servitor, Warrior-Plasma gun, Sage x2, Interrogator Koltan

Special Rules

Iron Will

Emperor's Mercy: Castelen recieved this custom bolt pistol out-fitted to carry Hellfire rounds. It uses this profile: Range 12" Str 5 AP 3

Tectonite armour: Rumoured to be made of the same material as the Golden throne, this suit of Artificer armour allows Castelen to ignore instant-death and instead take one unsaveable wound.

Enhanced Bionics: Castelen recieved many bionic enhancements from her duel against the Keeper of secrets. Her upgraded bionics give her +1 S and +1T as well as following the usual rules for bionics, but after using the bionics rule she reverts back to S3 and T3 to represent them being damaged

Interrogator Koltan:Castelen's right hand man and most trusted servant. He use the profile below.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 4 3 3 2 4 1 8 4+

Equipment: Plasma pistol, Close combat weapon, Personal Standard

Personal Standard:
Koltan carries Castelen's Personal Standard into battle. This beacon of Zeal puts hope into the hearts of her troops. Any friendly unit within 12" of the standard may use Inqusitor Castelen's Leadership.

Castelen and her retinue may be mounted in a Rhino for +50 points, the pitle-mounted Storm bolter may be upgraded to a pintle-mounted psycannon for +15 points

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
intresting, its better but the toughness and Strength still bother me, i mean, she has a SM stat line here, yet we are talking about a human.

how about:

Enhanced bionics: +1S and +1T in addition to the normal rules for bionics, however if she ever has to make use of the bionics (as in per standard rules) they are considered temporarily damaged and she reverts to normal S and T or 3.

This both shows that her advanced strenght is from her bionics and gives her a slight down, most charecters have a small downer, like sterns fate rules and so on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like your idea. I think I'll put that down

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I would give the option to have more retinue members in addition to the existing ones. While the current retinue is alright, it kind of limits the unit's assault capabilities.

For the personal standard, maybe making the leadership unmodified would be nice.

I think that Chimeras and Land Raiders could stay.
Some suggestions:
Chimera: same as Codex DH
-BS4
-Turret psycannon for +15 or 20pts. Turret Incinerator for +15
Land Raider: same as Codex DH
-Swap the TL-HB's with TL psycannons for +15pts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like that idea. Land raiders with psycannons!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The Final Cut

This is the final, I think. So, what do you think?

Inquisitor Lord Marianne Castelen

200 _ 5_5_3(4)_3(4)_3_5_4_10_2+ /4+ Invulnerable

Equipment: Power weapon, Emperor's mercy, Tectonite armour, Enhanced Bionics, Icon of the just

Retinue: Combat servitor, Warrior-Plasma gun, Sage x2, Interrogator Koltan

Options: You may add up to 3 more members in Castelen's retinue for the usual cost, listed in codex Daemonhunters, adding a familiar will not increase her initative.

Special Rules

Iron Will

Tectonite armour: Rumoured to be made of the same material as the Golden throne, this suit of Artificer armour allows Castelen to ignore instant-death and instead take one unsaveable wound.

Enhanced Bionics: Castelen recieved many bionic enhancements from her duel against the Keeper of secrets. Her upgraded bionics give her +1 S and +1T as well as following the usual rules for bionics, but after using the bionics rule she reverts back to S3 and T3 to represent them being damaged

Interrogator Koltan: Castelen's right hand man and most trusted servant. He use the profile below.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 4 3 3 2 4 1 8 4+

Equipment: Plasma pistol, Close combat weapon, Personal Standard

Personal Standard: Koltan carries Castelen's Personal Standard into battle. This beacon of Zeal puts hope into the hearts of her troops. Any friendly unit within 12" of the standard count as having Leadership 10

Transport: Castelen and her retinue may be mounted in a Rhino from codex DH, including the additonal points cost, the pintle mounted storm-bolter may be upgraded to a psycannon for +15 points

May be mounted in a Land Raider from codex DH, including the additional points cost, the land raider may upgrade its twin-linked heavy bolter, to a Psycannon for +15 points. The Sponson Lascannons may be upgraded to Incinerators for free, or Psycannons for +10 points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.