Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought, since there are Codex: Dark Angels, rules for different craftworlds, different ig companies/regiments/whatever, shouldn't there be rules for different septs, and what should those rules be?

·
Registered
353 Posts
ya I agree. I started the Should There Be A Higher Bs For Fws? thread with this in mind. I should've added the word "option" to the end of the title though, I prob ran outta room.

Pretty much every army gets individual organization options like that, though nobody gets quite the special treatment that the SMs do in that respect. I think there is just 1 "craftworld eldar" codex book for example, rather than a book for each.

anyway, what I propose in the other thread, and what I'd generally like to see, its a more effective shooting force for the tau, basically the opposite of the farsight which leans more towards the HtH uglyness.

Really anything new and unique would be cool though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
yeah, septs are a good idea, like maybe you could have one that relies on speed, and so all troops must have a devilfish; or a sept that has taken heavy casualties and so drones count as troops and are 2 points less? 8|

·
Registered
182 Posts
ive heard that they are coming out with sept rules for individual septs. didn't hear much, but i got wind of new that they are going to have battle suit designs for each sept. i supposed it would be rules the battle suit design would have to follow

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by Karma_specter@Oct 5 2003, 20:40
maybe they would have rules about terrain like a forest sept would means you get +1 or +2 to your cover save. but the tau sept have battle domes where fire warriors train so they have experience in all terrain.
They could still have troops that were more experienced with different terrain. Every army big army has its desert troops who are really good at... digging in sand and cleaning their gun barrels.

Every big army has its winter/mountain troops that are really good at skiing and ice climbing and stuff...

·
Registered
353 Posts
yep, I just think that some people, (myself included), would like to see a few more options.

The tau are new though, so it shouldn't be surprising that they have alot less variety. Hopefully it'll come in time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.