Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a decent sized tyranid army that I mass-produced using the "miracle dip" technique. The models are based in camo green with bleached bone plates, then dipped in minwax polyshades (the light brown stuff, I forget the name). This gave my bugs a nice natural look to them, with muted colors that you might really see in nature.

I just purchased a bio-titan for this army, and I was wondering if the dip technique would look good on this larger (and more expensive) model. The carnifexes/tyrants look good dipped, but I'm not sure if the bio-titan will look as good. The alternative would be multiple brown/black ink washes, but it wouldn't match the rests of the army as closely. What are your thoughts?

·
545 Posts
Well, I would say... images of the smaller models first please.. but that's been said already ;)

About the bigger model and different inking/dipping methods. You can always keep in mind that large model requires more detailing. Large armor plates (or whatever they're called at bugs), could have more detailing or maybe just a more detailed "paintjob" on it. Perhaps, dip and then do a slight drybrush the plates. It's not like your going to do massed bio-titans, so take a bit more time on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ooooh - oooh - me too me too - I wanna see.... :)

I think from what I have heard and seen about dipping - it should work equally as well over a large surface as a small - just make sure you do more detailing before dipping nad that your container is large enough to allow for the whole model to be done at once to avoid streaking....

How long does it take for your dip to dry anyway? Are you then dullcoating or just leaving them glossy?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've dipped my tyranid force too (Though mainly gaunts/warriors so far), and I've got to say, painting the dip on the models looks better than actually dipping the models into a can of dip. Dip works as a finish/seal, right? I recommend painting the dip on the model, unless you've got som other way to seal your models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts