Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
555 Posts
If memory serves, the tunnels strategem places tokens that are then used as entry points on the map...

...to give the 'blind' rules interpretation from a fellow without a book in front of him at the moment.

The disruptor might interfere with what tunnel entrance you're able to use within the disruptor effect zone, but not prevent the tunnel use itself.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Fluff wise, it could interere with your hand held GPS or natural guidance, however rules wise not sure it does, if you are talking models using the tunnels strategem then they are not deepstriking and hence not subject to disruption beacon

·
Registered
43 Posts
Disruptor beacon is not just for deepstriking.

The entry states enemy reserves that arrive with 48" (any reserves) including coming in from a table edge via flank march, or from somewhere inside the table via tunnels. After that, it acts precisely as it reads.

"The disruptor might interfere with what tunnel entrance you're able to use within the disruptor effect zone, but not prevent the tunnel use itself."

I know you were answering blind, but this is wrong. The player, if the disruptor beacon roll succeeds, may choose any new point for them to enter from, not necessarily just another tunnel entrance. Though I would be inclined to remain to the tunnels just for fluff reasons.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The real question here is what is defined as an "entry point". My gaming group has taken this to mean a table edge(or anything that "counts as" one). Though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how clear this is, so later I will reference other rules for a precedent for the term "entry point".

·
975 Posts
Well the way the rules puts it the controlling player of the device has complete control over where the troops go. Even though logically this makes no sence conserning tunnels. Obviously the units must come out one of the tunnels dug unless you have your troops carring shovels to improvise. (wow it is creepily quiet and lifeless in the library at school)

My cousin, my brothers, and i played a four way free for all last man standing appoc battle with each army being 4000 points. (o my god it took forever) and I borrowed my bros guard army and proxied it as drop guard while he used his old and long forgotten orks. My cousin took that blasted becon and used my dropping troops as a speed bump for the orks charging at him. It was horrible my entire army was crushed the turn they landed except for the squads I dropped in my deployment zone (massive table) and the ork deployment zone (crazy I know but it was the safest option). It was a great battle though. Ill post up a report over the weekend most likely.

But to the point of the topic. The beacon is extremely effective against a drop army. It can really throw a curve to your planns.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Well the way the rules puts it the controlling player of the device has complete control over where the troops go. Even though logically this makes no sence conserning tunnels. Obviously the units must come out one of the tunnels dug unless you have your troops carring shovels to improvise. (wow it is creepily quiet and lifeless in the library at school)

My cousin, my brothers, and i played a four way free for all last man standing appoc battle with each army being 4000 points. (o my god it took forever) and I borrowed my bros guard army and proxied it as drop guard while he used his old and long forgotten orks. My cousin took that blasted becon and used my dropping troops as a speed bump for the orks charging at him. It was horrible my entire army was crushed the turn they landed except for the squads I dropped in my deployment zone (massive table) and the ork deployment zone (crazy I know but it was the safest option). It was a great battle though. Ill post up a report over the weekend most likely.

But to the point of the topic. The beacon is extremely effective against a drop army. It can really throw a curve to your planns.
not really, I have twiced used my elysians in appoc battles against this, it doesnt automatically effect you, only getting about half your squads, and thus if you can take it out on turn 2, it only effects half the squads in half your army, i.e about 1/4, since some deep strikes take place outside its sphere of control (notably support stuff) and some stuff comes on on your table edge (airplanes) and you can choose not to DS (do this with sentinels) then it hiots less than 1/4 of your army, I tend to drop 2 stormie squads in the first half, the first one goes for the beacon, if they deviate the second one will also, if they deviate then I will DS the sentinels, eventually you get serious AT weaponry in range, blow it up, and presto the remainder of your army is untouched

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.