Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does company Command squads count as 2 victory points? (Leader 1p + retinue 1p = 2p?)
and does this apply platoon command squad aswell?

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Company Command Squads count as one Kill Point. This is because the Commander is not an independent character, he is bought as part of the squad. If you, for example, attached a Commissar Lord to the Command Squad, it would count as two.

Same goes for Platoon Command Squads. Each squad (Infantry, Command, Special, Heavy, etc.) count as one Kill Point each unless merged (in the case of Infantry Squads).

If you buy a Chimera for the squad, that's also another Kill Point.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.. then iv lost many unessesary battles cuz the others i battle always say its 2 poits even thou i pointed out what you just said...

Thx alot and i will use this as a refrence so i wont loose 2vp extra for comapnt and platoon commandsquads next time...

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I you look in the 5th Ed FAQ on page 3 in clearly states that it is two points as the office is one point and the retinue is one point.

That is my interpretation anyway.......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but does that not apply only if the retinue is optional?
i would love to use the commander alone then to have acces to his skills but just to be counted as 1vp...
im kinda certin that no one els has a HQ forced into a squad so it counts as 2vp but insted you can buy additinol bodyguards to them and then its a retinue and then its 2vp...
4 easily killed vet. guardsmen is not worth 1vp in my book...
put in a advisor or a commisar inthere an yeah sure 3vp i accept...
command squad + advisor + commissar =3vp
but to have
an extra easy point for the vet. guardsmen is to much... 4vp for one squad....
if this is the case then im thinking of leaving them all out and just go for a lord commissar insted...

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I think the advisors join the squad, so are not an extra KP.

If you want to play without a CCS, I recommend Primarus Psyker instead of Lord Commissar. He is cheaper and more effective IMO because of his very nifty psykic shooting. I personally will only play with a CCS because it is the only way to play with the most important Astropath.

Cheers, DH

·
Registered
306 Posts
That faq you're referring to, Diggums Hammer, is older than the current (new) IG codex and therefor not viable, because it refers to the last IG codex.

With the actual Codex, Command Squads of any kind only count as 1 KP. no matter how many advisors/bodyguards you add to them. They only count for 2 KP if you add an independent character (like lord kommisar or primaris psyker) to the squad.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
That faq you're referring to, Diggums Hammer, is older than the current (new) IG codex and therefor not viable, because it refers to the last IG codex.

With the actual Codex, Command Squads of any kind only count as 1 KP. no matter how many advisors/bodyguards you add to them. They only count for 2 KP if you add an independent character (like lord kommisar or primaris psyker) to the squad.
After reading my own 'Dex again, I have to agree. The officer is no longer an IC with retinue, it is just a squad. 1 KP only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts