Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all over the place i keep reading about how good lootas are. in my first ever game with orks last week they sucked and failed to do a thing but part of that was down to sheer bad luck. I accept that they need more testing and better positioning from me.

I plan to build a mechanised army to face guard, SW and eldar. I plan to run
1 BW with kff mek + shootas
3 trukks brimming with slugga boyz
3 rokkit buggies
2 rokkit koptas (probably outflanking)
kommandos with snikrot (ambush)
Bikerboss with troops choice of 5 nob bikers
all coming in at exactly 1500pts

so i intend to split the bikers on one flank and the battlewagon/trukk convoy with rokkit buggies in support on another all trying to take advantage of the kff!

My question is this,
do lootas have a place in a transport based army? and is it worth swapping them for anything in this army?

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
I think that its always good to have something that can contest your own objective if it comes to that and also providing fire support to any squads about to get hit by a bunch of orks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Lootas have a place in alot of lists, and one of them definitly is mech. If youre going to face guard, SW and Eldar you need lootas for several different reasons:
1. For cracking open Chimeras, Rhinos and Falcons.
2. Cut down Assault Marines, Warp Spiders and anything fast to contest your objectives.
3. Try to out gun Heavy weapons teams, Pathfinders and Scouts with Sniper Rifles so that they don't pick off to many boyz.
So, I think that you should hack out some points to fit some lootas (but don't have them accompanied by meks!)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Rokkit buggies are good anti tank, so yes that would work fine, but the lootas could be used to soften units on the pre-charge. You're right, if you don't get first turn they probably will get shot at, but if you do get first turn or they survive the shooting, they destroy.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Lootas kick out the most firepower of any Ork unit against armor. If you have problems getting shot up, use cover and take multiple units.

They fit in quite well in just about any army considering their utility. Kannons and Rokkit Buggies can substitute, but it's difficult to match the sheer number of shots.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Protect Lootas using their superior range and using your vehicles (specially trukks) as mobile cover for first turn. Put them in area terrain to have that unvaluable 4+ cover save.

2 rokkit deffkoptaz are not doing too much, even if outflanking. I'd swap them with 6 lootas. Also, nob bikerz are powerfull enough to go on their own. Dicth the warboss warbike and a shoota boy for 3 more lootas, IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.