Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any special standard, non-HQ or Special Character models? Like a Space Marine who seems to always hit, or a favored Guardian? I personally have a squad of Wraiths known far and wide as the Odd Squad because of their pathological inability to accomplish anything. Of course, sometimes they surprise me and actually manage to kill enemy troops and, on occaison, vehicles. But not very often.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I often field a 15 man Space Wolf blood claw pack with three powerfists, lead by an IC with a powerfist. They frequently get 10+ hits with the fists in a charge. You should see the look on my opponent's face when an entire unit is completely wiped out in one attack! Especially when its a command squad.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Chaos Dread misses nearly every shot it takes with it's Plasma Cannon, but my possessed squad more then makes up for that,

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
whenever i fire my bright lance on my wraithlord and i say the words " wraithlord, brightlance" indicating that he is firing, he ALWAYS misses. if i say " my wriathlord is firing at yur..." he hits like normal.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My lovable bikers, theire quite wonderful for one or two turns, but then seem to suck for the rest of the game (once wipped out a vet squad down to a man with only shooting, then charged scouts, got locked in combat with said scouts for the rest of the game)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I used to have a ork warboss who was very unorky.
Ork Warboss Snodhead couldnt hit a darn thing in CC. He swung and missed more times than he stepped on a grot. I always envisioned him swinging wildly with his big choopa and hitting his own squad. The funny thing is he was awesome with his gun, his big shoota hit 75% of the time. He killed more people by shooting at them than attacking them in close combat. Truly sad.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got a Marine who I've had from the start, and I always field him due to the fact he actually killed two terminators in close combat 0_o

Believe me, I was as amazed as you, I guess it was just "one of those days" with the dice, but in two rounds of combat, he killed two terms.

Given him a few little eye-candy upgrades like his own banner, and I always put his squad in front, just because I feel lucky with him around :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
i got a 13th company marine which i happen to particulary like :)
anyway he has khorne berserker legs, space wolves body, khorne berzerker chainsword arm with normal shoulder pad for space marines, normal bolt pistol space marine arm with black legion shoulder pad, black legion backpack, and *whew* space marine head :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
In my deamon hunters Grey knight army i have an acoylte. he is ALWAYS there.

he CANNOT fail his save. and anythime an instant death weapon fires at him...it misses. it's insane.

this guy made 56 saves in one game. it was maddnes

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I never go into battle without my Veteran squad... They rock...

As for 'wierd stories' I have a mob of 25 boyz who took out a 10-man Assault Squads and a 10-man Tactical Squad of Imperial Fists without losing a SINGLE boy! :eek:

You should have seen the look on that guy's face...

I put yellow Space Marine helmets on all the boys' belts in that mob afterwards... :D

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
my landraiders they never die

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have a squad of GKs where the guy with the Incinerator never dies! Even with template weapons, it always misses! If only I could get that kind of luck with my Grand Master...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm planning on promoting one of my FW's, because he was the last one left in his squad during my turn in a round of CC with Marines. He killed a marine, and was able to retreat off the table edge. As a matter of fact, it was the first firewarrior I ever painted.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OS update: Today the Odd Squad killed 11 Marines in close combat, tying up three squads, including two with devastating heavy weapons. They made about 10 Inv. saves against assaulting enemies and Lascannons, etc. Then they thoughtlessly died on the last turn, against underwhelming odds, so I tied instead of won. That's my Odd Squad for you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
One marine from my shooty squad, the only one with a chainsword, Is always the one who kills the most enemies in CC, and he has deadly aim with his bolter, so I gave him his own Skull/Marine Helmet trophy pole. He has only missed 3 shots in the entire history of him being in my army. Must be the bitchin paint Job IMO.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Remember, it is scientifically proven that painted figures do better on the battlefield than unpainted ones.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a Devastator squad that I wound up giving away to some kid, 'cause they were cursed. In at least 10 games they never hit anything, 4 times the Plasma weapons exploded the first time the trigger was pulled. Frag Mislses seemed to deviate directly onto my own marines. They never made any armor saves and always failed their Leadership tests... The best thing is the kid I gave them to used them in his army and they were still cursed!

I also had an Immortal Eldar Guardian. The rest of his squad was killed by shooting in the first turn. For the next 8 Turns he made over 30 5+ cover saves. He was the only Guy I had left at the end of the game...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hmmm let me think...
I got a deamon prince that continually wipes out enemy squads in close combat... it never fails.
Out of the innumeral close combats he has fought he's died in them twice... not more.
When he dies it's usually to some stupid thing like a bolter or something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.