Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i can choose five doctrines or restricted troops.

if i choose restricted ogryn squads and have 2 ogryn squads does this take up 2 of my doctrines points.

another example is if i choose shapshooter and give it to 5 squads does thi stake up 5 doctrine points.

can someone please help me with this.

thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
No, it does not use up doctrines like that. When you purchase a doctrine for a restricted troop, you are unlocking that troop type, and you can purchase as many as you want. When I purchase a doctrine like sharp-shooters, I am unlocking it and can apply it to my entire army. If not, the pre-set armies in the back of the book would be butt-worthless.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, I hate to be so unclear, but they're all good for something. Pick a few you want to use to shape your army in to something, and go with them. I can't really decide for you :)

Decide how you want your guard army to be. Do you want them shooty? Able to crawl through rough terrain with the greatest of ease? Be heavily armored guys in Chimeras or something? It's really what you want to do with them.

But I would say that leadership doctrines, like Iron Discipline are really neato. Being able to not lose squads that break, because they're under half, for only 5 points per officer? How can you go wrong?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.