Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got myself into a new hobby and wondered if anyone else was into it.

Anyone else go off-roading/green laning? Me and my friends as a group love to tootle round the country green-laning. My friends all drive, and recently I bought a Landrover Defender 90 County for off-roading fun. It's a bit of a shed currently (it was very cheap...) but in about a month it will be an off-roading machine. Currently I spend far too much time under the damn thing but it'll pay off in the end. I realise due to the age groups in here many people don't drive, but if we are all 21 and off-road there must be someone else in here.

Anyone else into the hobby?

I'll show you our "stable" of vehicles (not bad for 5 poor students!).

My friend Sam's Volkswagen Syncro:

My friend Paul's Landrover:

My Landrover (which will look better than Paul's soon ;)):

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Where I'm from we call it mudding. I guess because it's pretty damned muddy here during the seasons that you would want to go off road in a vehicle during.

But to answer your question, yes, I have been mudding a few times in an old beat up jeep that a few of us put our money together and bought. It lost it's appeal shortly after eddie lost two front teeth in the dashboard when the jeep rolled over.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, you can't let such a minor thing as missing teeth discourage you.

You must carry on forward against your better judgement :)

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Dude, I can list on one hand the things that I'd lose two front teeth over, but none of them include being in that Jeep when it rolled over. :)

Besides, I damage myself enough skating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts