Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much the the title explains it all.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes it does. Because you use an officer's leadership for both things.:yes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
No problem.:)

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Someone just Doublecheck the FAQ, I can't at the moment and for some reason I have an inkling that it says no in there. :wacko:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well, I just checked the FAQ. You can't use Iron Disipline down a vox link. Damn....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Xethemez said:
I can't see why the hell not.
I know. Doesn't really make sence.:sleep:

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Assume if they're out of the 12 inch range, they cannot see their officer clearly.

Considering that Human Beings are highly visual (as in, compared to sight, the other four senses get bugger all of a look in) creatures. If they can't see their officer, they don't feel so inspired to fight on. It's for the same reason that if you can only hear of a horror movie is dialogue and not see the visuals, it isn't scary is it. (unless you're a pussy like me :wacko: ).

Same reason Officers and Commissars and Space Marine Chapter Masters are usually without a helmet. Their faces are far more expressive and awe inspiring than a simple helmet is. Which is why if I ever buy the new Shas'o Shadowsun model, I'll be using the unhelmeted head.

Battle of Hastings, William of Normandy is knocked from his horse and his soldiers believe him dead and begin to rout. Then William gets back up and rips his helmet off and utilises his Iron Discipline doctrine and tells them to get the hell back in there and the day is won.

Anyone convinced?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Triumph Of Man said:
Battle of Hastings, William of Normandy is knocked from his horse and his soldiers believe him dead and begin to rout. Then William gets back up and rips his helmet off and utilises his Iron Discipline doctrine and tells them to get the hell back in there and the day is won.

Anyone convinced?
Well put. Im convinced. But still not too happy. They could have said it in the 'dex.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, thanks for all the help guys... And a thanks to triumph for taking the time to send me a message to make sure I got the reply.

·
Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,805 Posts
Because Iron Discipline does not go through Vox, I've more or less abandoned the use of a voxnet. A voxnet might have been worth the points if it did transfer ID, but since it doesn't I prefer using the 12" leadership aura around my officers instead, since that leaves me with more points for guns.

·
646 Posts
Kaiser said:
A voxnet might have been worth the points if it did transfer ID, but since it doesn't I prefer using the 12" leadership aura around my officers instead
Precicley.

For 5pts, there is no question that ID is worth it, but a vox network is a marginal investment as it is, there's no need to undermine it further.

Triumph, I see your point, I do agree, but I think both cases can be justified - and from a rules point of view I think ID goes towards makeing the vox worth it's points.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Plus ID is the only thing that allows you to regroup below 50% and no minus one from 25% shoot when the unit below 50% for morale. ID is worth the points.
bonekrusher

1 - 14 of 14 Posts