Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be playing a very large doubles game next week. We must take allies but your partner can't have the same army. Also we must stay within the force organizational chart. I'll be playing Grey Knights and Space Marines. While my partner will be playing Imperial Guard and Tau Empire. I'm going for a close combat army while my partner is going for a more shooty army. We will be facing Chaos Demons, Chaos Space Marines, Space Wolves and Orks. I have very little experience with Grey Knights so any help would be good. Not sure if I can take 9 Paladin Squads so if anyone could tell me that would be great.

My Grey Knights
HQ
Lord Kaldor

Grand Master Mordrak with 5 Ghost Knights

Elite/Troop
Paladin Squad x9 (10 man squads that will break up into 5 man squads)
18 Incinerators

Fast Attack
Stormraven Gunship
1 Twin Linked Multi Melta
1 Twin Linked Lascannon

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer x3
3 Multi Meltas

My Space Marines
HQ
Space Marine Chapter Master x2
2 Storm Bolters, Power Swords and Terminator Armor

Honor Guard (10 man squads) x2
I forget if I can break these up into 5 man squads but if I can I will.

Elite
Terminator Assault Squad (10 man squads that will break into 5 man squads) x3

Troop
Tactical Squad x2 (10 man squads that will break into 5 man squads)
2 Flamers
2 Missile Launchers

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer x3

My partners Imperial Guard
HQ
Company Command Squad x2
2 Plasma Pistols
8 Plasma Guns
2 Carapace Armors
2 Camo Cloaks
2 Melta Bombs
2 Krak Greandes
2 Masters of Ordnance
4 Bodyguards
2 Astropaths
1 Officer of the Fleet

Elite
Storm Trooper Squad x3 (10 man squads Deep Striking)
3 Plasma Pistols
6 Plasma Guns

Troop
Veteran Squad x6
6 Plasma Pistols
18 Plasma Guns
6 Lascannons
6 Carapace Armors
6 Camo Cloaks and Snare Mines
6 Melta Bombs and Demolition Charges

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship x9
18 Heavy Bolters

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher x9
9 Lascannons
18 Multi Meltas
9 Heavy Stubbers
1 Knight Commander Pask

My partners Tau
HQ
Shas'el Commander Battle Suit x2
2 Plasma Rifles
2 Missile Pods
2 Targeting Arrays

Shas'vre Bodyguard x4
4 Plasma Rifles
4 Missile Pods
4 Targeting Arrays

Elite
Shas'ui Crisis Battle Suit x9
9 Plasma Rifles
9 Missile Pods
9 Targeting Arrays

Troop
Fire Warrior Squad x6 (12 Tau in Devilfish each squad has a Shas'ui Leader)
6 Hardwired Drone Controllers
12 Marker Drones

Dedicated Transport
Devilfish x9
9 Smart Missile Systems

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Squad x3 (8 Tau in each squad with shas'ui leader)
9 Rail Rifles

Heavy Support
Shas'ui Broadside Battle Suit x9
9 Twin Linked Railguns
9 Twin Linked Plasma Rifles
9 Targeting Arrays

·
Registered
699 Posts
To be honest mate, take whatever you like its 10000pts lol... Im pretty sure you wont get too much help here as mortals usually stick to games between 1000-3000pts.

The only thing I can say is that if you are not allowing anything with destroyer weapons your 90 2 wound models with 2+ armour should be a right pain in the backside to whomever you shall be facing lol. The only thing I would be worrying about are the 10 gazillion rockets his longfangs will be firing at you per turn, and the mass flying monstrous creatures you may be facing... perhaps the addition of 10x Aegis lines with Quad guns, as rediculous as it sounds... or maybe 10x Fortresses of redemption?? ok now im just being silly... or am I??

I think playing a game this large should be more about having fun, because you will need to with how long you will be waiting between turns, take what you want and enjoy yourself whether you win or lose :)

-Poke-

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
perhaps the addition of 10x Aegis lines with Quad guns, as rediculous as it sounds... or maybe 10x Fortresses of redemption?? ok now im just being silly... or am I??
Your being silly because he has to remain within the org charts, if he takes the dual chart then he cann take 2 fortifications, not 10.

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a she and thanks I just wanted to know if I was over pricing my models. Don't have much experience with Grey Knights.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Well I think what you have listed above should do just fine, but if you have little experience, you will be constantly checking GK rules/powers etc.. which I guess cannot be avoided and it is gonna be one hell of a long game anyhow so I guess it doesnt matter too much.

Oh, and as for the "taking 9 Paladin squads" I see no problem, as they will all be troop choices and you have access to 2 force organisation charts, so a max of 12 if you really wanted to.

Good Luck :)

-Poke-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts