Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I play eldar and have recently turned to the side of chaos, Word Bearers to be precise. In the chaos codex it says that a lord with over 50 pts of Daemonic gifts can CLAIM to be a DP. So do I have to make him a DP if he has over 50 pts of Daemonic Gifts? Or can i keep him a Chaos Lord?

Also, What exactly is the difference between a DP and a lord? The only thing I could find that even hinted toward the DP's stats is the D Stature entry. But a prince does not have to take D stature, so do I still use the stat upgrades presented in this entry even if I don't take D stature? Or are the stat upgrades hidden from view????:cry:

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Wrestler220 said:
Okay guys, I play eldar and have recently turned to the side of chaos, Word Bearers to be precise. In the chaos codex it says that a lord with over 50 pts of Daemonic gifts can CLAIM to be a DP. So do I have to make him a DP if he has over 50 pts of Daemonic Gifts? Or can i keep him a Chaos Lord?

Also, What exactly is the difference between a DP and a lord? The only thing I could find that even hinted toward the DP's stats is the D Stature entry. But a prince does not have to take D stature, so do I still use the stat upgrades presented in this entry even if I don't take D stature? Or are the stat upgrades hidden from view????:cry:
Over 50 points of Daemonic Gifts (including specific items from the Gods' armouries) makes the model a Daemon Prince - ruleswise, it will count as such. Modelwise, you don't have to make him all that Daemonic.

As for stats, he uses the same stats as normal. You don't use the Stature stat bonuses except when you purchase Stature. The only difference is that weapons that effect Daemons (such as some Daemonhunters wargear/weapons) will effect your Lord if he counts as a Daemon Prince.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
A prince and a lord have the same basic stats. Once you give them upgrades, like stature, strength, etc. the stats change accordingly. You don't have to mdoel your lord like a daemon prince if you dont want to. There is no requirment. The only reason it says they are considered a "daemon" (i.e. he has been blessed with over 50pts of daemonic wargear) is because of various wargear (like daemonhunters stuff) effects models that are classified as "daemons".

EDIT:

Dang it nemesis! you beat me by a few secs! :tongue:

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
numberofthebeastxxx said:
You don't have to mdoel your lord like a daemon prince if you dont want to. There is no requirment.
What both of the members have said is correct, with this one exception I have quoted. If you have Stature on your Lord, then you must model him as a Daemon Prince. The guidelines are listed in the Codex, but the more daemonic he looks the better. The size of the Lord's base is a specific example of what is required.

However, if you don't have Stature, then all you must do is represent the upgrades you have elected to take.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Caluin said:
What both of the members have said is correct, with this one exception I have quoted. If you have Stature on your Lord, then you must model him as a Daemon Prince. The guidelines are listed in the Codex, but the more daemonic he looks the better. The size of the Lord's base is a specific example of what is required.

However, if you don't have Stature, then all you must do is represent the upgrades you have elected to take.
Ah. Perhaps I should have been more clear. I meant the difference between the Lord and Daemon prince doesn't really have to be modeled. Stature always has to be represented. Oh, and speed for that matter. Any tournament judges I've gone to are strict on that. If he has no mode of locomotion other than his short mortal legs, you'll get docked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts