Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the story on the base size for the new High Elf Dragon model? It looks like it's on a chariot sized base (100x50). Aren't monsters supposed to be on a 50x50 monster base? This is the same with the new giant methinks.

Is it supposed to be that size? I'd prefer to put him on a square 50x50 base. Would that be breach of rules or anything?

I want to get one to convert it into a dragon for my Wood Elf army.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
It will supposed to be on whatever it comes with. Simple as that, really.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
There shouldn't be any problem with remounting it on the base for the model you're replacing with the conversion. Other than a slight increase in terror radius, the longer base is something of a disadvantage, as a regiment that gets your flank can pile on a lot more attacks.

·
4,361 Posts
It will supposed to be on whatever it comes with. Simple as that, really.
I don't know about that. I have bought the same model and had it come with different base sizes in the blister. The wood elf dragon is supposed to be on a 50x50 base.

SirKently

·
Registered
108 Posts
My local GW say that the rules for dragon bases is now that they can either be on the old base size or the new high elf dragon base size.

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I bought the dragon, and the warhammer terrain trees, and the two are curing together now - I'm actually typing this post with one hand.

Me thinks the chariot base is due to the balancing act the dragon creates by being lunged forward. I'm no physisist or engineer, but something tells me that this thing will tip over on a 50x50 base. Think about all the other dragons before the HE one, for the most part, very vertical - this one is very horizontal.

I guess I'll have test things out. I'd prefer the 50x50 base for its strategic value though..

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
I wonder if the base-size has anything to do with points cost. I mean, I'd generally put that outside GW's realm of thinking, but who knows. It would make sense, a 300pt dragon on a 50x50base is better than a 300pt dragon on a 100x50 base. Unless you're getting better stats along with that bigger base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts