Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question.
I know that Dragon Mages can swap one of their spells for Flaming Sword of Rhuin instead of Fireball but can they still swap their other spell for Fireball if they do not already have it? :?

JvK :happy:

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
I'd say yes. It doesn't state he can't just that he can swap for Flaming Sword.
Starting to think...

Maybe they could swap two of their spells?
Lvl. 2 with Silver Wand rolling 3, 5 and 6 then swap 5 and 6 for 1 and 2?

*Searching room for army book*

·
Registered
52 Posts
The option of chosing the first spell in the list is changed for the DM. He can chose the second spell in the lore he's allowed to use (fire).
So no, he can not chose the fireball spell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It says he may choose to swap for Flaming sword of ruin. Not that he has to swap for it.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
The rule doesn't make this entirely clear. It says he may swap for Flaming Sword "rather than with Fireball as normal". This can be interpreted to mean that he may not swap for fireball, but it could also possibly just be bad wording. It doesn't state that you 'may not' swap for fireball, but that word "rather" implies it without being too definitive.

I'm starting to go around in circles here, so I'll just conclude that I'm not sure! Yet another case of GW wording things badly. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The wording of the special rule the way it is now implies to me that you can either swap for fireball or flaming sword of rhuin.

thats the problem with anything written though. the person who wrote it will always think it makes sense because they know what they were thinking when they wrote it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.