Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've got points to take either: 2 more Knights (to make each unit 6 strong rather than 5) or take another dragon ogre, to make a unit of 4 (naked).

The list:

[FONT=&quot]1 Daemon Prince [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Lvl 4, FotBG, Tendrils[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Shield; BotG[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Tzeentch, Scroll, Bos, BCR[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]10 Chaos Marauders [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 Chaos Warhounds [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 Chaos Warhounds [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 Marauder Horsemen [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Khorne; Flail[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 Marauder Horsemen [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Khorne; Flail[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 Chaos Knights[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Nurgle, Standard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 Chaos Knights[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Nurgle, Standard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3 Dragon Ogres [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Chaos Warshrine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Mark of Slaanesh[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Casting Pool: 8[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dispel Pool: 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Models in Army: 48[/FONT]

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
He has some slight, but noticeable differences that I like. I like the lvl2 flying around with flickering fire and fireball. Losing buboes sucks, but that's a good way to compensate (not to mention it could add 200 more points towards point denial, which this list excels at ). I like my DP having access to at lest 6 dice, but if you 2 dice both the lvl2s spells, you're left with only 5 for gateway. That's fine though. You could try 1 dying both flickering fires.

I can't seem to find your points though, because what you have shows to be 2225 for me (did you forget the discs?). However, if you have the points an extra DO would be wondrous. The knights are fine as they are, adding 4 more wounds to your almost unbreakable anvil is too good to pass on.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ya the points on there are kinda skewed cause i was tweaking the list a bit, however, the sorc isn't level2, only level 1, and the DP is unmarked.

i was thinking the same thing with the DO's.
Also i'm thinking about running the M.Horsemen w/ MoS, Flails and Musicians rather than as cruise missles, this gives me points to add the 4 wounds to my DO's, and give them extra handweapons.

or make the Sorc level 2

edit:

This is the list i'm thinking about; noticeable changes: Power familiar and level 2 on the sorc, no Dispel scrolls, 5 dispel dice should be enough if i use them properly, right? M.Horsemen now with MoS, Flails and Musicians, rather than the standard cruise missile setup. 4 Dragon Ogres for a beastly stubborn anvil (Plus warshrine can buff them up)

Ye? Or Ne?

1 Daemon Prince @ 540.0 Pts
Magic Level 4
Tendrils of Tzeentch
Fury of the Blood God

1 * Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 299.0 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flai; Shield; Battle Standard
Banner of the Gods
1 Disc of Tzeentch

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 230.0 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Magic Level 2
Bloodcurdling Roar
Book of Secrets
Power Familiar
Disc of Tzeentch

10 Chaos Marauders @ 40.0 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30.0 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30.0 Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91.0 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91.0 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Flail; Musician

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 250.0 Pts
Mark of Nurgle;
Standard

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 250.0 Pts
Mark of Nurgle;
Standard

4 Dragon Ogres @ 260.0 Pts

1 Chaos Warshrine of Slaanesh @ 140.0 Pts

Casting Pool: 10

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 48

Total Army Cost: 2251.0

·
Registered
242 Posts
Would love to see GW on them, but it does make them one expensive unit if its 4 wide. Just had a group of these panic and fail both rolls and fail to rally to run off the board last game on turn 1 :(

Also, I do not think I am a big fan of this warshrine sitting in the list.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Keep the DOs cheap as possible.

Also this list uses stubborn anvils. The Dos are great because they're fast, but they don't work 100% of the time. There is that 1% where they panic and flee off the board or maybe you need more than 1 anvil. This is where the warshrine comes in. It is leadership 8, so when it gets into combat, it gets stuck better than anything else. T6, 4 wounds, 4+ ward to name a few. There were times I was being surrounded and I'd make a traingle almost, 1 side DOs, 1 side Shrine and in the middle my BSB. Talk about untouchable.

*EDIT*
If you need to find a place for 20 points, I'd suggest musicians for the knights.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why not add gws to the DO's?

It would add a monster killer to this army, which is something it lacks. I mean something like a dragon, where the knights might not work out.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
You could. They are a beefy unit now. Good luck getting the dragon in combat with them. Their poor initiative usually means you're attacking last anyways and str7 makes them can-openners. Try it out and see if it works for you.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
catching something like a dragon is obviously a problem, but it'd be nice to have something capable of opening up big things like that.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
You could take most heavy cav charges to the face and expect to hurt them badly. If they don't do their 16 wounds on the charge, you'll probably end up wiping the unit sooner or later. And that's if you don't get the charge first.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya i don't have access to it really, the dp being unmarked and all, maybe ill mark him tzeentch, the wardsave helps save all those points aswell.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
The reason I stopped playing this list was you only got gateway 2/3 games and tzeentch lore isn't that spectacular without it. The way you're building this list you'll more likely know what type of magic you'll get, which I like. And you got different lores to pick from.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
versatility is the main reason i chose that, i also considered Nurgle, but having access to a full damage lore, a buffing lore, or something in between, is a nice option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Drop the BoG

Maybe I missed something but why the Banner of the Gods? 125 point banner isn't really worth it. Stubborn 8 is not nearly as good as stubborn 9. The Demon prince is already stubborn. If you are looking for terror, try the filthy mace. Try and Exalted with MoS on a steed of slaanesh, flail, shield, armor of damnation, favor = 224 points and is just plain nasty. This guy can kill a steg all by himself (4 attacks, S7 on the charge, Steg hits on 5s re-rolls those hits). I kill Scar vets, thanes, Bret heros, etc with this guy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.