Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Seeing as I used the metal Dragon Price Drake Master Torso on my Dragon Charriot, I figured I needed a new Drakemaster for my Dragon Princes. I had a spare plastic prince from my HE army box, so I decided to use him.

I figured the crest was big enough to make him stand out, but I didn't want him to over shadow my commander, so I swaped the arms for Silver Helm ones.

He's not quite finished yet, but he's more or less done. Any and all C+C more than welcome 8Y

Cloase up of the helm/horse's Chaffron. Both wre painted boltgun metal, then given a wash of red ink, then chestnut ink, then three more of red ink. I'm very please with the results.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It is a very nice model, but if I were you, then I tried to give the face more attention. Try to give it a wash of dwarf flesh, and then painting the eyes. I'm sure that if you whould do that it would be much nicer. And maybe you could make the base a little bit more interesting by using sand and grass (both provided by Games-workshop).

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
The red on the armour is very nice, but the face really lets the model down a bit. Faces are always important, I certainly know my eye is normally drawn towards them. It looks a bit too pale, though that might be the lighting. I'd agree with asrai archer, try the wash of dwarf flesh and give the eyes a go. I'm not very good at eyes, but just painting them white with a black dot in the middle looks okay.

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the face needs some more work, but I suck at faces in general. I need to give the face a wash of very watered down flesh wash to bring out the details.

maybe you could make the base a little bit more interesting by using sand and grass (both provided by Games-workshop).
I don't like the GW studio bases. I walyes try to do my own. Hence why the bases of my High Elves have a grassy base with broken stones and paving

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I've done what I need to, to the face, so I thought I post a few pics to show you guys.

Please note that I suck at faces in general, and this is one of my OK efforts

Let me know what you think 8Y

Cheers

·
Registered
191 Posts
Let me guess, you've washed it with flesh wash. In general this is good, but sometimes it isn't. I'm not saying that you've done a bad job, but you shouldn't use it on elves, it doesn't looks well. Try a wash of dwarf flesh, then mix some elf fleh with bleached bone and try to highlight the very high points (nose, chin)

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're half right :) I gave the face a wash of Flesh wash, but then went over it again with Elf flesh.

As I have said, I suck at faces, and I have alos realised that the lighting in this pic is very dark. It looks better IRL. Promise!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok, try to do the eyes, bad eyes are better than none. Just begin with black, mix 1:3 fortress grey and skull white, and leave a small line around the eyes seeiable. Then just a small dot of chaos black in the middle of the eye.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.