Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cause it occured to me while writing up a DoW list (though it could easily aply to any draconic unit) that rather than charge it in I could use it as a skirmishing unit? park it on the flank early on and use my breath weapon and terror rather than actualy fight with it?

·
Sorcerer
1,729 Posts
To be honest, its better to have you lord on dragon flank and basically auto break a unit rather than breath them. However, if you took a VERY cheep lord you could use it to breath at things like slayers - who would take ages to kill and probably cause harm to you.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Spike_alike said:
To be honest, its better to have you lord on dragon flank and basically auto break a unit rather than breath them. However, if you took a VERY cheep lord you could use it to breath at things like slayers - who would take ages to kill and probably cause harm to you.
Good idea, though I personally wouldn't take a cheap lord on dragon, its a bit of a gamble when you're investing so much on the dragon.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would use the breath, however, if using a Black Dragon for instance....Imagine that S4 beath destroying elf units, and maybe even stopping them from charging! Do that while getting yourself into a better postion to charge (so you don't charge a unit in the front, or break a unit leaving yourself open for a charge....). Also, spreading the terror while you are doing it would be fun!

·
681 Posts
I personally like to do the breath thingy. I mean if you charge a unit it only takes a wiff and you have to overcome outnumber and a banner and maybe a war banner. It also depends a lot on the dragon. I play High Elves and I believe they have one of the nastiest dragons. Their breath weapon is insane. I mean all you have to do is kill 1 model in a unit and that's a panic check. So I land behind the line and breath fire. If I position the dragon right I can easily hit 3 units and it should be a problem to kill on in each unit. That's 3 panic checks there and then next turn your opponent has to take the terror check on everything within 6". That's easily 5 units so you are causing 8 LD checks by turn 2. Something is gonna give, even with dwarves then you make sure you have eagles and reavers around to run the fleeing stuff down before they get a chance to rally. Much safer then getting into combat.

Also keep in mind the the DOW dragon is a High Elf dragon so he can do the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.