Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to make a dragonskin cape from Greenstuff. ive been trying to give my converted lord one, but i haven't met with success yet.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Once you get the basic shape for the cape itself - either use an exsisting one or green stuff one - making the 'dragonscales' is quite easy. All you have to do is make a few small balls of green stuff - really small balls - and then press them onto the cape in a scale like patern. Look at the lizardmen and older dark elf corsairs as inspiration.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds easy, but how do i keep the gaps intact between the blobs. In other words, how do i keep the globs from lumping together while i flatten out the globs?

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
directional blobbing. (ha, just made that term up.)
When you press the blobs in, space them far enough away that they won't just join up immediately. You can also attempt to push it away from where exsisting 'scales' are. It's really not all that hard to do, and if the occasional one does join up just use the tip of your modeling tool to clean the gap back up.
If you are using the standard gw modelling tool I reccomend using the round end (not the scalpel end) to push the blobs with as it is a good size.
And really the blobs should be as small as possible to replicate a believable scale effect, and this will also help with the joining up issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh, i see. thanks for the help. ill try it out before i hit the sack tonight. ill type up a post later and tell ya how its going whan im done.

·
421 Posts
greenstuff when hard is rather easily to be cut by a knife or so. maybe its an option to make a bar of the desired shape and slice of small slabs that you can glue on a cape? use a very sharp and thin blade like a scalpel or razorblade of a jewelers saw.?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had an accident with the cape, so im gesing a new one. i haven't been able to get back to it till now. Like i said, i let you know how it turned out. And since i got some more batteries, i can post pics of it before and after I do the scales

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.