Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a daemon prince or a lord with daemonic stature ( armour peircing attacks ) armed with a Dread axe ( allows no invulnerable saves ) mean that the hit would cause a wound outright or is there a loop-hole around this ?
because my friend thinks it is too unfair on him ( the wuss :p )

·
Registered
379 Posts
it says in the rules that the dreadaxe ignores invulnerable saves, and monstrous stature ignores armor saves, so i guess that means it causes a wound outright.

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow that sounds really good. ive seen a kid who plays at my store do that and yea it really is good. it may be a little unfair but cmon he's a deamon prince

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah my dark blade on my DP has taken out a Leman russ already, as well as 7 incubi, an Archon, and about 2 squads of warriors, and it kicks as much ass as a dreadaxe, almost. My demon prince has 8 strength when attacking, 2d6 AP, so it rawks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Daemon weapons rock! and with leadership 10 you will rarely have an attack from the warp too. Now here is another daemon weapon questian, In the Kai Gun's fluff it says its a bolter, does that mean it can be coupled with Tzeentch inferno bolts? That would be pretty sick....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Deamon prince with deamonic stature and dread axe will definantly be a massacre in a Necron army...
Just look on the opponents face when you tare apart his troops with invul. saves.

For my sake I usually take the dark blade... +2 str. that's just to sweet to pass you by....
What exactly my deamon prince has killed with his sword I'm not completely aware of...
The last battle I played he massacred first a 5 man unit of space marine... then jumped into a 5 man squad of termies and then finally into a 10 man squad of space marines......
Took me 5 rounds to massacre alle the listed models... B)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ya, those daemon princes are goddamned unstoppable.

On the list of other cool daemon weapons: Axe of Khorne. Extra armour-saveless attack on every to hit roll of 6 anyone? That's class.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Deadly, but the Talons would be largely wasted as with the Daemon Prince's strength of at least 5 you shouldn't have much trouble wounding stuff.

Another item for the kewl Daemon weapons: Berzerker Glaive. Most useful for Lords with Stature (the others can get their attacks through terminator armour and whatnot), you gotta love that inv save :D ! Oh yeah Manreaper owns too, if oyu want a load of attacks :D !

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Deadly, but the Talons would be largely wasted as with the Daemon Prince's strength of at least 5 you shouldn't have much trouble wounding stuff.
True, true...

But then again isn't it just extremely fun to wound an enemy model just by rolling a 6 on your "to hit" rolls?

And also... If I had to choose between berzerker glaive and manreaper... I'd go for the Berzerker glaive...
LOTS OF ATTACKS!! Drool!! :p

·
1,019 Posts
In the Kai Gun's fluff it says its a bolter, does that mean it can be coupled with Tzeentch inferno bolts? That would be pretty sick....
Well i thought it couldnt be done, but after reading through the Daemon weapon rules again it doesnt say anything about it.
So i can mastercraft a Daemon weapon then slap some inferno bolts on it? Thats sick...crazy sick.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Talk with the guys at the controls, they designed the rules so they must know the answer to it...

I'll call GW tonight anyway so I'll ask them ok?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well, I know Daemon weapons can't be mastercrafted... not sure about them inferno bolts though. I don't think it can be combined, as the wording is 'any bolter, bolt pistol or combibolter' and even tohugh a Kai Gun is in essence a bolter, it's not specifically listed. Besides, a Kai Gun doesn't fire bolt shells, it fires energy created from the hate and malice of the wielder, so it doesn't even use ammunition. Suddenly I'm very sure this combo is illegal B) .

·
1,019 Posts
Where does it say they cant be mastercrafted?

I know i saw those rules somewhere but i cant find 'em.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.