Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there sneaky little ratmen of LO!

I witnessed my first game including the new Skaven a couple of days ago, and was expecting a DoC army to turn them into dust. Well, that was before I saw the new uber spell from your new book.

The Grey seer got to cast it 4(!) times, and decimated 4 units of Bloodletters and Plague Bearers. Non of them turned into rats, but the spell left them with 1 or 2 models left, almost by itself ending the game to the favour of the ratmen.

Share your experiences, if you've had any!

Regards,

·
Registered
254 Posts
I thought only the vermin lord can take that spell....

Even if im mistaken, I'm positve you need 25 to cast which is pretty difficult even on 5 dice. He must have gotten pretty lucky.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm very certain that double sixes with the absence of double ones casts the spell irrisistibly even if you did not meet the casting value.

Kind of like how double sixes on a dispel attempt will dispell any spell (that wasn't irrisistible to begin with) even if it does not reach the value the spell was cast at.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Yep, double 6s will always cast with IF.

I got it off twice in ==My== last game against VC. He miscats and let ==Me== pick a spell to auto-cast, but he scrolled it. The second one I got from 2 Tokens and decimated a unit of Skellies.

Thanquol is gross with The Dreaded Thirteenth, re-rolling 1's from his D6+1 Tokens is nasty.

·
319 Posts
Mahtobedis is absolutely right.

To cast the Thirteenth Spell, you could effectively roll two dice at it in the hopes of getting two sixes. If you did, the spell would be cast irresistibly.

Q

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep, double 6s will always cast with IF.

I got it off twice in ==My== last game against VC. He miscats and let ==Me== pick a spell to auto-cast, but he scrolled it. The second one I got from 2 Tokens and decimated a unit of Skellies.

Thanquol is gross with The Dreaded Thirteenth, re-rolling 1's from his D6+1 Tokens is nasty.
Wouldn't when he miscasts and rolls the number that lets you auto-cast then you cast a spell with IF? Or was it he was aloud to dispel it with power dice ?(in which case, he wouldn't be able to dispel it with a dispel scroll anyway.)

·
319 Posts
Is there a limit to the amount of power stones you can use in a single casting attempt?

In other words, could I use five power stones to try and cast one Thirteenth? (not that I would!)

Q

·
459 Posts
Is there a limit to the amount of power stones you can use in a single casting attempt?
Yes, one. But as far as I know there's nothing stopping you combining a power stone with the Grey seers free D3 warpstone tokens.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a question about the dreaded 13th...

the spell says it can be targeted on any "infantry unit" within 24", which is pretty clear, but what if there's a mounted character in the unit? I assume you can still target the unit but what happens to the character after you turn the unit into clanrats?

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you're referring to the unit of bletters that have skulltaker on a juggy in it, then i believe you are capable of casting into that unit as the majority of the unit it classed as infantry. However, should you not succeed at removing all the models, then the opposing player i believe decides which models are removed, at least i think. But about the earlier part, i'm almost positive that that's how it would be ruled.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Guess what, i was effing WRONG. I started out packin muh grey seer with 5x power stones and nothing else(aside from his warpstone tokens) and as it turns out you totally can't do that. The only magical item in the game that you can have multiples of are dispel scrolls. Only one power stone..... PERIOD. Well, i gotta say this puts a big spin on muh grey seer army now, i gotta use warpstones now i guess :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
IMO the spell is only really good when your oppenent miscasts and let you cast a spell for free. The only thing i would even consider casting it on would eb Plague Bearers or Chosen, other units i dont think are worth the ammount of powerdice you have to put into it and the high change of miscasting.

Oh and you CAN have multiple powerstones

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ive tried to use the dreaded 13th spell for a few games and never once have i gotten it off. In addition my 340 pt grey seer has not added anything to my army, all he ever does is miscast and die.

This is the dice gods telling me not to use magic i guess. (I really hate magic, before skaven I've never run a heavy magic list before) Well, i guess I'll try out the Fellblade warlord then...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ive tried to use the dreaded 13th spell for a few games and never once have i gotten it off. In addition my 340 pt grey seer has not added anything to my army, all he ever does is miscast and die.

This is the dice gods telling me not to use magic i guess. QUOTE]

No...this is the dice gods telling you not cast a silly 25+ spell, no matter how tempting it is ;) lol.

As i say alot its really not worth the risk IMO. If hes on a bell, shove him forwards, roll one dice on the bell table and waaagh! himself further forward, and sling some plague magic around.

Otherwise keep him protected in your Deployment Zone, and make use of his leadership and the Ruin deck, which i think is a fantastic support deck. Save The Dreaded Thirteenth for enemy miscasts. No risk, will possibly burn a scroll, and might hurt a decent unit with any luck.

Before i sound like i reckon i know everything im fully aware that i dont lol ;) these are just my opinions and my uses for the Seer and The Dreaded Thirteenth.

Thought the destruction of Nurgle blocks sounds flippin hilarious. I dont like Papa Nurgle. He makes me sad :(

·
Registered
494 Posts
used Thanqual this weekend and rolled three dice, two of his dice and one warp stone piece, rolled two 1's and a 6, got to re-roll the one warp stone 1 and turned it into IRRESISTABLE!!!! then rolled 13 (!!!!) on the 4D6 roll...but here is my question...are ward saves and/or regeneration saves allowed to try and save from this?

i used it on a unit of 25 plaguebearers with 2 heralds.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.