Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what weapons to put on my dreadnought. I have decided on a DCCW w/ Heavy Flamer but can figure out what to put on the other side. Infantry and light armor are its intended target. Help?

·
Registered
70 Posts
light vechiles and infantry?

i recomend a heavy bolter or assault cannon/. if you have it get the autocannon ias well. swap dependingon the enemy force

althought i have to say that the plasma is very versatile even up to medium armour

·
Registered
485 Posts
Assuming that you got the "new" plastic dreadnought: Whatever you choose don't glue the weapons to the dreadnought! That way you can switch the weapons depending on the enemy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
nothing, its assumed that the vehicle has enough armor to pretect him. but yes the plasma cannon would be a better choice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd say go for the Autocannon, it's range is far more than any other weapons and it's got 2 shots. The draw back to the Plasma cannon is it's low range. When fighting heavy infantry armies such as Tau or IG the 24 inch range isn't going to much help, you'll have to put yourself in danger. The 48 inch range of the Autocannon is far superior to that of the Plasma cannon, the strength is the same, the only difference is the AP, and against Infantry forces an AP 4 isn't bad, considering the majority of the infantry forces have Armour 4+ anyway (i.e. Tau 4+, IG 4+ at best, Ork 5+ at best, and Nids 6+)

When it comes to Light Vehicles and the Autocannon you've got a strength 7 weapon capable of taking out anythign w/ 10 armour w/ a 3+ most light vehicles at most have 12 armour, so it'd take a 5+. Which is the exact same as the Plasma Cannon xept you get 1 extra chance to get one of those rolls.

The Assault cannon is out of it. It has far inferior range to both Plasma and Autocannon. And it's strength is lessened, though it has 3 shots, at such close range you risk getting shot to death by millions of Pulse Rifles or Lasguns

·
Registered
130 Posts
um dude plasma cannon is 36" range... auto cannon is 48"

they both strength 7, but PC is AP 2 and AC is AP 4...

also AC only heavy 2, you can fry like 3 or 4 people with the little blast

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
yeah and lasguns cant hurt dreads, pulse rifles probably cant either

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya need at least strength 6 for the front..

and in 1 army there aren't that many s6 weapons..
maybe in tau and imperial guard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I quite like the Plasma Cannon & Missile Launcher approach because it can use Krak Missiles to take out Tanks, Frags to take out light Infantry and the Plasma Cannon for Heavy Infantry/Light Vehicles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.