Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadnought Question

2K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Carcaroth 
#1 ·
My Dreadnought has been converted to have a twin-linked multi-melta. Does this mean it can reroll misses? And how many points would this attachment cost?

#10 ·
Oh jeez, ok, I could just take your position and say "Where does it say you can't make one?" But i'll explain why he is asking if he can use this, and what the point value should be.

He added something to make the game more interesting, or in this case rather to just bulk his multi melta up a bit and make it more useful, Its not in the codex, which would be why he's asking for what he should make the points value, there is a multi-melta for the Dread already so its not that much of a stretch to say its twin linked, it doesn't make it uber powerful or anything.

So, for him, he wants it twin linked, so that requires he boosts the point value a bit (I'd say 10, 20 points), model it a bit so it looks "twin linked" and ask his opponents permission.
Whats wrong with that?

Demanding people read the Codex when it doesn't apply is rather rude of you, what would reading the codex do in this case, there isn't a rule in there that says "You CANNOT change or add anything to the game, period", its pretty commonly accepted that people like to change things and make stuff on their own that they think would be good, and its kept in line by the need to ask your opponents permission to use it.

#13 ·
hey ragnar! u have no imagination!!!! so what if its not torney legal? it adds a lil spice to the game so not everything is the same. almost everyone i know do conversians like that, and almost everyone is OK with it. jackasses like you shouldnt even play the game. its supposed to be fun :angry: :angry: :angry:

what a jackass. lol.

#17 ·
OK for what it is worth, and I dont really want to fuel the arguement, I am agianst it....

If Dreadnaughts had no listing in the Codex for a Multi melta then there would be an arguement for it, but because there is the question is.. why would they not have TL MMs? they dont, they have single MMs, the reason would probably be around weight/power/fuel. I would really object to this.

That said, IF my son wanted to play me with it, I might accept it because he is 8, in which case the points cost would be double the points of a single MM (I know this is expensive but it makes a point.

You need to watch this before you do conversions, if you are doing them for enjoyment then fine, if you intend to use them than you need to give it some serious thought, otherwise what is to stop a scarab, or a nurgling or a snotling or a ratling from carrying a devestator cannon?

#19 ·
hey if anyone can make his own weapons, i think i'll make a tripple twinlinked super plasma cannon with strengh 9 ap 1 ordnance :blink: . lets make it a fun game <_< <_< i totaly one minded with mister: miss my snowmans ass. if it is not in the codex you cant use it.

Besides, a twinlinked multi melta on a dreadhnought??? :blink: :blink: give me a break. <_<

#21 ·
You could just not glue the arms on, and for fun play use the TLMM and for normal play put on the other weapon.

#25 ·
Lucian, Cher:
You could put a cannon or a Scarab or make a super weapon, but you have to ask your opponents permission to use it in a game, so it would be rather pointless too as you would never be able to use it, you act as if because he decided to make points and rules ect for, its all of a sudden "has" to be played that way when his opponent could just say no and then they might agree its just a normal multi-melta. Thats the check that keeps this kinda thing in balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.