Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

My first post here on the forums. :)

I am considering running a long ranged weapon Dreadnought next to a ThunderCannon. The hope is that the techmarine working the cannon can roll to repair the Dread vehicle if it becomes damaged.

Is this possible?

Since the ThunderCannon does not have armor stats.. I presume it only stops firing when the techmarine operator is killed. Is this also correct?

Finally can the techmarine operating the thundercannon have a retuine of servos?

I have indeed tried to research these questions and do own the latest books. Sorry if I have overlooked something obvious :soldier: Thanks a ton for your advise/ruling/pointers & thoughts!

My best regards,
~Robin in South Carolina

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
The techmarine can't have the servitors if it's firing a Thunderfire Cannon.

The cannon itself can be targetted and destroyed (I don't know where in the rulebook this is though, as it's never come up in my games)

Yes, the TM can repair the Dread - but only if the cannon has been destroyed, allowing the TM to become an independant character again.

Oh, and welcome to LO :D

·
UnderWater Ninja-Tiger ..
785 Posts
The TFC and the Techmarine, are considered an Artillery Unit. Pg 55 BrB, should answer all your needs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, I see it now... Thanks fellows... alas, my cunning plan has fallen apart... Well, still more scheming to do *grin*

------------------

Found this :

The rules for blast of the ThunderCannon are laid out quite well on page 30 of the BRB

& the weapon itself uses the open top rules in the Basic Book artillery section.

Thanks again!
~R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts