Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys have been searching through the posts on dreads and there doesn't seem to be many people say much about the TLLC + CCW setup ? do many people use it if so how do you use it ?

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
hay guys have been searching through the posts on dreads and there doesn't seem to be many people say much about the TLLC + CCW setup ? do many people use it if so how do you use it ?
Here you have a long range weapon and a melee weapon on the same vehicle. This means that you'll be shooting mostly vehicles throughout the game and charging things to get into melee.

I can think of a couple of problems.

First of all the long range of the lascannon will be wasted since you'll be running into things to get into combat. The other issue is that once you get into assault range, you'll be forced to fire a lascannon at an infantry unit (that would be better off being shot as by HBs or similar) if you want to assault them (not really too much of a problem). If you hang back and shoot with this combo, you'll just be wasting the CCW.

The combo is pretty flexible but it is probably more effective to get a dread that does a particular job such as a Hellfire dread for fire support or the AC and DCCW combo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o rite yes i totally see where your coming from was just thinking because my main opponent is IG with the mix of tanks and men would be good maybe not i shall be buying another dreadnought anyway but thanks fo that mate

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Of course

Of course it is up to you. Taking a CC weapon saves you a few points and can help out when your opponent, who has run all the way across the table for the pleasure, brings himself into your charge range. It can be pretty useful to be packing a flamer and CCW at that point.

On the other hand the popular choice is to take another ranged weapon to try and stop the blighters even getting to you in the first place.

I endorse the first option as some of them always seem to survive...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I used a dreadnought with TLLC and CCW for ages, i guess it did get wasted abit but since the dread can only move 6 inch i found it could shoot a decent amount before going into combat, also any TLLC is a threat to any opponent and it was handy to have them wary of the dread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts