Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm not sure if this is fluff or not, but I thought it would make a great discussion regarding fluff and your dreams

Last night I had a nightmare, and it was pretty scary

It all happend in an old and deserted castle that I by some mysterius reason was located in. I were standing in a grand ballroom decorated with cloths of red silk and ancient paintings of the old castle lords. It was of course raining outside and it smattered against the windows when suddenly the balcony doors opened and a great and terryfying prescense was felt. Outside a great figure where standing in the rain, dark and brooding. He called to me and began coming towards me with great strides. When the first light lit his face I imedietly recognised him as my ancestor. He was a viking (or marauder), tall and with broad shoulders clad in iron and brass.
He said to me that I had been chosen by my ancestors, and presented to me three boxes or chests, all with the mark of Khorne on. Choose! he ordered me
And I choosed the middle chest with a helmet in it.
He then began a sly smile and took me with him down some stairs, down for the trials.
On the way down I finally dared to ask my ancestor if it was true about Khornes hell, and if deamons vomited in the mouths of the damned.
The answers I recieved pussled me: Yeah, it's great...
I couldn't believe what I heard, and my ancestor inspected me with his stern eyes until gaining a kind of sarcastic grimace, revealing that he was obviusly mocking me: No...
But still I wasn't sure if it really was a joke, or the truth made a mockery of...

Well thats about all I remember, the trials were really scary, wierd and chaosy, with riddles and tests of courage.

Well now I'm of course wondering if some of you guys and gals have experienced dreams and nightmares in the fluffy warhammer world. And if so, you could perhaps tell us about the experience? Have your dreams inspired you to make a minature of perhaps even a whole army? Do you dream about your army in a fluffy way?

Scion of Chemos

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I don't tend to remember my dreams all that well. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

I think I may have had a few, loosely based in the Fantasy (or 40K) setting, but they tend to be fairly generic, not very detailed, and then I just forget them anyway.

So, I can't say this has happened to me, really. It would be cool if it did; I think, if I had a detailed enough dream about a character or an army, it would at least get written down and put in my 'to do' pile. And hopefully I'd get around to it one day.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
if had one or two half recolected dreams involveing gunfire and screams of battle etc, but i am a soldier so thats not suppriseing to be honest, iv not had a 40k dream.

your dream seems very vivid, its a bit worrying to be honest lol!!!!!!

but its a nice way for a story or fluff, you could use it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well Scion now I'm really scared. Seriously I'm going to give you the number of a Dr Freud I know :p

I think it's just probably that you have been playing fantasy a lot.

The only time I've had a dream relating to Warhammer was after I re-read all the Gotrek and Felix books so it was pretty much all that was on my mind......I know a sad life I lead.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't worry Esgalisil :p
I remember I had a dream a long while back after rereading Beastslayer for the thousandth time, a dream that involved Praag. I don't quite remember it though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.