Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading throught the Space wolf codex the other day, my mate was doing a drop pod list, and noticed that the details for the drop pods says that it reduces the scattering distance if it (A) Scattered onto impassable terrain, (B) if it landed ontop of another model/unit friendly or enemy.

Since I've started playing which was 19 months now, give or take a week or two, My friends have always played it that they reduce the scatter so they don't land on difficult terrain either. They don't use drop pods normally so it doesn't come up often but he scattered into some area terrain and I was just scanning the page about his drop pods in the codex when I noticed it said nothing about area terrain. I remembered the FAQ about them scattering off the table so I questioned it but he was adamant that drop pods reduce the scatter distance for area terrain as well because thats how we always played it, so I let it go for the time being on the understanding that I'd ask on the forums to see how other people think.

So tell me guys, do drop pods reduce the scattering distance if they scatter into area terrain?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Drop pod special rule

Internal guidance system: "...on top of impassible terrain or another model..."

There's no grey area, that's what the rule says and that's what it means. The rule has no effect on difficult terrain.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What skydog said, unless that area terrain is impassible the drop pod does not fit the criteria for reducing the scatter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts