Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hinted by many to add drop pods into my lists, but I don't have access to one.
So my question is, is the only way to buy drop pods through forge world?
And, What are the prices for them (preferably Canadian dollars, USD is good to)?
Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can get them off fordgeworld but thats pricey. Id just make your own. Their isnt anyother cost affective way. Good luck and if you need any more help just ask me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
One of my friends is actually making a drop pod right now so I will ask him tomarrow in school where he got the specs. I think it was off of a GW site but im not positive. Ill get back to you on that.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I would also like to know that too. Could someone maybe post a link to where to buy the forgeworld ones? or even just a link to a picture of one so we can see what to make our own look like

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thanks mate. looks awesome lol but 45 pounds. thats like $75 australian so i think ill make my own, wont look as good as that, but FREE sounds better than 75 bucks lol

thanks again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
YAY PAper drop pods...:cry: just kidding thanks alot. my question to you is are they tourney legal. and thanks again. now i need to find thick shiny paper:ninja: off again on another adventure :alien: :ninja:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Keep in mind, yor own won't be tournament legal in any GW tourneys, while the FW ones will be legal in some. That might just be my store, but my store won't even let you bring card drop pods or dreadnoughts, so good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Different things work at different tourneys so to answer your question you would have to contact the tournement host to find out.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If GW is going to introduce the rule of drop pods then they should release a model for it. And if they arent going too then they shouldnt stop people from improvising.
Basically if they wont make a model for it then why make the rule for it

·
Registered
206 Posts
lord Krakus said:
I made mine out of cone shaped air freshers. I made up to 10 of them and they are tourney legal because they are scratched built. one drop pod cost me about $4 to make.
do you have any pictures of this? that sounds interesting, id love to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree that GW should release the models, but thats not likely to happen for a while. I made my own from scratch usind plasti card and balsa wood. It's very time consuming, but the models look exactly like the forgeworld ones, even if the doors don't open. e-mail me at [email protected] for more information. I'd like to see the ones made out of air fresheners, it sounds interesting. As to using it at tournies, you should be right because the models are scratch built. If you actually come up with the money to buy the FW ones, they will definantly be allowed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, sorry to rain on the parade.

But this is against general IP rules. On the B+C stuff like this is deleted or locked as soon as it pops up.

Now I am all for making your own pods as the Forgeworld ones are hideously expensive, but we don't want a site like the LO to go down to some legal matters right?

So scrap the links to Drop Pod templates.

·
The Voice of Reason
756 Posts
lord Krakus said:
I made mine out of cone shaped air freshers. I made up to 10 of them and they are tourney legal because they are scratched built. one drop pod cost me about $4 to make.

I thought about using those too! I am interested to see yours, because one reason I hadn't made any yet was I was afraid they'd be too small. Please post pics!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts