Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering, do you have to buy drop pods from FW, GW or wherever or are you allowed to build your own out of like foamboard and stuff?

Ps.Drop pods can carry ICs right? 'Cause I wanna drop my cc termie Master right behind them Tau.:w00t:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
GW doesn't have one yet, and the Forgeworld ones, while beautiful, are WAY expensive and only fit 5 marines!

Make your own mate. They are fully game legal as long as it isn't just a can of Coke. I will make some one day...

RoV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
Most places will allow you to use a rhino standing on end. Otherwise you can make your own so long as they are ruffly the size of a rhiono sitting on end.

Yes, you can put an IC in a drop pod. However, you can only put a squad in with him if it is a command squad. So, in no way can you put an IC and assault terminator squad in the same drop pod as assault terminators can not be taken as command squads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
I've seen really nice ones build out of coke can's and kool aid plastic containers. Why use forgeworld, its nice but way to pricey. It kind like a rolex, flashy as heck, expensive, and pretty ... however it still tells time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
No I didn't Minus_t. Seen others post urls on this forum so though it was okay and I always have trouble finding the rules for posting.

Anyways you can find templates for drop pods if you search under images in a search engine for space marine drop pod. Sorry for posting the url.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
You cannot put an independent character alone in a drop pod. The only ways is to get him to drop is by giving him a command squad who can then take a pod. Terminator characters can teleport in if the mission allows deep striking though,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Well, if you give the HQ a command squad, he can't target him anyway, so no instakill for 3 toed alien dude...

Besides, give the command squad Bolt pistol / CCW, a melta gun and a sarge with powerfist, and away they go! Even Broadsides and Hammerheads will have to respect them

RoV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Tubal said:
You cannot put an independent character alone in a drop pod. The only ways is to get him to drop is by giving him a command squad who can then take a pod. Terminator characters can teleport in if the mission allows deep striking though,

Actually the codex says that terminators can teleport even if deep strike is not part of the mission, so really there would be no point of using a drop pod even if you could which you cant because they both scatter and count as deep strike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
no thats not exactly the case. coz u see, if u Deep Strike, there's always the chance u'll scatter to within 1" of an enemy model, in which case half the squad or more is probably dead coz u cant deploy them. (check the DS rules if u dun understand). No such problem with Pods coz the OTHER guy moves his models out of the way.
At least thats what i remember, dun hv the codex with me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
JohnnySmooth said:
Actually the codex says that terminators can teleport even if deep strike is not part of the mission
Terminator squads (terminator and command) can teleport no matter what, but lone terminator characters (ie ThatGuy's "termie Master") use the rules in the wargear entry which only allows teleporting if the mission does. It's probably to enourage people to get command squads as it's not very fluffy to teleport your commander into the middle of the enemy army unsupported :D

Anyway, why not give him an Adamantine Mantle if you're worried about insta-kill?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
chickenpowder said:
no thats not exactly the case. coz u see, if u Deep Strike, there's always the chance u'll scatter to within 1" of an enemy model, in which case half the squad or more is probably dead coz u cant deploy them. (check the DS rules if u dun understand). No such problem with Pods coz the OTHER guy moves his models out of the way.
At least thats what i remember, dun hv the codex with me...
No, your thinking of the monolith.

Drop Pods reduce scatter distance untill they are at a safe place to land. The only way to screw up a drop pod deepstrike, is to have it scatter off the table. Teleporting termies are far more vulnerable. Secondly, Pods can be used to block LOS to the squads inside and that can be very beneficial. Well worth the points IMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
hmm

when i used drop pods i used a rhino on end its easy and why would anyone waste like 50 quid (or dollars whatever) for the sake of fluff?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top