Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm just curious to hear what other people think about the points cost of Dryads. We are playing a warbands league and there is a wood elf player invovled. It seems to me that [X] (or [X] I don't remember) points is a little cheap for something that his a higher than normal WS, S, T, I, and A. Additionally, it skirmishes and [Deamonic ]
I realize that they probably aren't the most fantastic troop in 2000 point games, because they have to get past all the ranks, banners, outnumbers, etc of a real warhamer unit. However, in any case, 12 points a model seems on the cheap side for a unit with so many advantages, and so few real weaknesses.

Mod edit: I removed the point cost and list of abilities and edited for the texte within brackets

- Wolf_Pack

·
706 Posts
Dryads are one of the best units wood elves have to offer in my opinion. their cheap, have amazing stats, and cause fear. (not to mention the ward save, thats pretty good too:tongue: ) but their biggest weakness and strength is that their skirmishers, thus they dont get ranks, banners, flanks, rear charges, etc. but at the same time they move very quickly. dryads are incredible in lower point games, and they still have uses in 2000+ point games. they make good flank defenders and artillery guards. iin my opinion, the dryads are just right at their points, their good but cant be the whole army.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree 100% dryads are so cheap.. they are singly the best point for point model you can get at that lvl.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Ickebeebon and Khamal bring up some good points, namely that dryads are a great bargain and cheap, as far as an elf army goes. They're still 12 points a pop, but they hit hard and can take a licking.

If you can get six into combat, you have 12 magical attacks at str 4 and receive hits at to 4. Dryads can be brutal, but they can also break from combat and be run down. They do have their weaknesses, but they are also a premier core unit not just for wood elves, but in the overall game. I'd say they're easily the best combat skirmishers among all the armies.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Pretty much. Only Wolf-Kin of Ulric come close for the same points. (With two hand weapons, they are quite similar to Dryads, but Mv4 and lack protection. Stubborn, though.)

Wardancers are another matter entirely, however...

·
Registered
999 Posts
dryads are IMO one of the best cost efficent troops availlble.
The have good stats and their fear and ward keeps them alive.
And you can learn how to use their skirmishers state to the beste.

Bottem line: dryads rock!

Good Hunting!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I believe that Dryads are one of the best units per point cost in the game.

The best parrt about dryads is the first time an opponent plays a WE army and they think your skirmishers are going to be weak like the Skinks. Just watch thier jaw drop as you smash through his weak ranked troops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah they are

I would know I use a whole army of the forest spirits and they are plain out amazing like m&m bars.;) They are always helpful if you use them in groups of 8 and use two units of them togeather to attack one unit. Like use one unit of dryads to lead a unit in towards another unit of the dryads you have in reserve and then charge. Easy as that in my whole army I only have 59 models in my whole army. woot woot woot 2000 point army that is. Yes dryads are amazing making most soldiers armor going up to a 6 or even a nothing.:yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts