Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can's find any thread or site that gives a recipe for a drying retardant (for gw paints). I know that these recipes exist, because I saw one a while back while searching for instructions for making a wet pallet. I want to make my own, so that I don't have to buy something that is made of water, dish soap, and other cheap materials. If a thread already exists (if it does, I can't find it), just post the link and lock this thread.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
I have never seen, or even heard, of such a thing.
I personally use Vallejo drying time extender on the rare occasions I feel the need...

If anyone does, indeed, have such a thing, I would be interested to see it.

-t.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
I can's find any thread or site that gives a recipe for a drying retardant (for gw paints). I know that these recipes exist, because I saw one a while back while searching for instructions for making a wet pallet. I want to make my own, so that I don't have to buy something that is made of water, dish soap, and other cheap materials. If a thread already exists (if it does, I can't find it), just post the link and lock this thread.
This is what I use to thin paints. I have a bottle that has a mixture of: 40% water, 40% Future Floor Wax, and 20% Liquitex extender.

cheers,

-Mike

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
I don't know about drying retardant, but the floor wax is pretty easy to find. I use a wet palette, which I find invaluable, especially with GW metallics, which I find dry out way too fast on a traditional palette.

Now, if you're talking about keeping paint wet on the MODEL, for say, wet-blending or something, then yeah, I'd suggest the Vallejo products. I've never used the extender myself, but Vallejo's stuff comes highly recommended around here, and I like their matt and glaze mediums.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
as above, any acrylic extender is usable and they are not expensive, hardly worth the effort of mixing your own, hence I doubt there are many reciepies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts